Lt. Commander
As the topic says, this game really need a login queue.
Look for example how tibia.com use a queue for free acconts..

Thats sort of thing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 11:42 AM
I also want to add that i think that the work load on the login servers would be alot less with an login queue.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Why would we want or even need a queue?

Anything that stops me playing something im paying for is outright stupid and obsurd. Sure if your happy to waste 30 mins waiting for someone to log off while they take your cash then go ahead but im limited for time as it is. The last thing I want is to come home from work to find the servers are full and I cant log on for the 2 hours spare time I have in my days.

Besides the game is designed to allow EVERYONE on at the same time and it holds different instances to control the population in areas. Again it doesn't make any form of sense to have queues.

Put into another way would you ask a taxi to start charging you as soon as you make the phone call or as soon as you start using the service? The former would be your suggestion. The answer with most logic is the latter and would be a server without a queue.

I havn't been able to see login servers because of the terrible download speeds so i cant comment on your second post (16% is a bit crap for around 30 hours downloading right?)
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 01:16 PM
^ because a login que would help those of us trying to get in when the servers are full. Instead of having to go through the login process repeatedly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post
Why would we want or even need a queue?

Anything that stops me playing something im paying for is outright stupid and obsurd. Sure if your happy to waste 30 mins waiting for someone to log off while they take your cash then go ahead but im limited for time as it is. The last thing I want is to come home from work to find the servers are full and I cant log on for the 2 hours spare time I have in my days.

Besides the game is designed to allow EVERYONE on at the same time and it holds different instances to control the population in areas. Again it doesn't make any form of sense to have queues.

Put into another way would you ask a taxi to start charging you as soon as you make the phone call or as soon as you start using the service? The former would be your suggestion. The answer with most logic is the latter and would be a server without a queue.

I havn't been able to see login servers because of the terrible download speeds so i cant comment on your second post (16% is a bit crap for around 30 hours downloading right?)
Agreed if you pay for something you should have to wait in a queue to play it
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-16-2010, 11:24 AM
This should be really nice to have now when i see
"The server is busy at the moment, please try again later" quite alot when trying to log in..
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-16-2010, 11:28 AM
There would be something incredibly wrong if a game with a 1 world wide server pops you a queue window.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ametz View Post
This should be really nice to have now when i see
"The server is busy at the moment, please try again later" quite alot when trying to log in..
This has no relation whatsoever to a full server or too many players trying to get in at the same time, as you can easily deduct as there's a thread about it in practically every board in these forums.

Something happened hardware wise on Cryptics side.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhero View Post
Agreed if you pay for something you should have to wait in a queue to play it
I shouldn't have to repeatedly log in only to see "The server is busy at the moment, please try again later." then get kicked out to repeat the process over and over again. A que would be preferable to having to repeatedly try to log in, that's all they're saying.

I'm rather shocked that a que wasn't implemented from the beginning, with the large player base this game has already before launch this is a problem that should have easily been foreseen.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
I'm rather shocked that a que wasn't implemented from the beginning, with the large player base this game has already before launch this is a problem that should have easily been foreseen.
Indeed, and I would be glad if it kept my spot for a minute or two aswell, in case I get booted off for some reason and have to relog. I would be very ticked off if I have to queue again.