Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 171
05-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Europe doesn't have to wait until tomorrow. You do - as not everyone in Europe goes to bed at 10 pm on a Friday night.
yeah got other things to do then become a half dead zombie in the mornings and a virtual vampire during the night.

if you mean by timezone then other europeans are in bed from 10pm bst that be 11 pm cet all the way to 2am in moscow, at least the majority of then none virtual vampire types and thats my point. the majority of europe will miss out.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Career Officer
# 172
05-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
yeah got other things to do then become a half dead zombie in the mornings and a virtual vampire during the night.

if you mean by timezone then other europeans are in bed from 10pm bst that be 11 pm cet all the way to 2am in moscow, at least the majority of then none virtual vampire types and thats my point. the majority of europe will miss out.
Think about how the Test Weekend ends in the morning for people in Cryptics timezone, while it ends in the evening for others. The Test Weekend runs exactly the same time for everyone.
Captain
# 173
05-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
Think about how the Test Weekend ends in the morning for people in Cryptics timezone, while it ends in the evening for others. The Test Weekend runs exactly the same time for everyone.
Exactly. When the US players are at work a 3 pm, the European players can be testing at their 10 pm. When the US players are sleeping tonight the European players will be awake and testing in their morning, and so on.

There's no grand conspiracy to keep Euro-players out or cheat them out of playing time. Cryptic is an American company based on the west coast. They do things on their schedules.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 05-10-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Ensign
# 174
05-10-2013, 12:35 PM
The server's going down in 15 minutes!
And thus, my ramble ends
~Lolsuphelm, survivor of the mysterious head disappearance

"What's the matter? Don't you recognise your mortal enemy?"
Career Officer
# 175
05-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post

In America you play STO (till Monday morning), in Soviet Russia STO plays you (till Monday night)

Last edited by thutmosis85; 05-10-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Career Officer
# 176
05-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolsuphelmqriker View Post
The server's going down in 15 minutes!
Who's your source?
Someday we'll dance our little dance to the end.
But not today.
Not today.

Ensign
# 177
05-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngazman View Post
Who's your source?
The fact a message just came up on the server that said the server will go down in 15 minutes.
And thus, my ramble ends
~Lolsuphelm, survivor of the mysterious head disappearance

"What's the matter? Don't you recognise your mortal enemy?"
Career Officer
# 178
05-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolsuphelmqriker View Post
The fact a message just came up on the server that said the server will go down in 15 minutes.
Good stuff my man, good stuff.
Someday we'll dance our little dance to the end.
But not today.
Not today.

Survivor of Romulus
# 179
05-10-2013, 12:47 PM
is it time yet, is it time yet, are we there yet? I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, this spaceship smells funny, the klingon is looking at me funny again. ARE WE FREAKING THERE YET???!!!!

~A Starfleet ensign fresh out of the Academy on his first trip to Risa

or

Everyone that wasn't in closed Beta.

lol
Ensign
# 180
05-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Oh yeah! 11 days and counting till the actual release! I love it!
Closed Thread