Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 451
05-12-2013, 01:03 PM
ive had something like 20 hours of game time, wanted a few more hours today but settled on it. in a week from now its going live so thats good enough progress for open beta weekend of LoR. ive provided as much as i could find within the limited time i had, too bad i didnt get the chance to run through closed beta weeks ago, i could of done a lot more testing then this "surface scan" if you like, including different drivers for the computer and such.

anyway, its all on tribble forum for what little i have seen and found.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Career Officer
# 452
05-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Haven't been able to log in to STO's website since about 6pm GMT, until now (9.12pm GMT). Pretty pointless attempting to go on Tribble with its ~700 odd queue.
----
Career Officer
# 453
05-12-2013, 01:17 PM
i ran across a 900 player queue yesterday around 4pm bst, it took about 20 minutes to clear, watched some ToS at the time so all good.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Lieutenant
# 454
05-12-2013, 02:09 PM
So any word on if they will extend it a day because of the connection and other issues?
Lieutenant
Would love to post feedback but..... with a que of over 500, I have NOT been able to login once. Even after waiting for over an hour the que for me doesn't go down or up, just sits there forever for some reason.

The only thing I can say is that the new login screen looks nifty
Captain
# 456
05-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielinwestmin View Post
Would love to post feedback but..... with a que of over 500, I have NOT been able to login once. Even after waiting for over an hour the que for me doesn't go down or up, just sits there forever for some reason.

The only thing I can say is that the new login screen looks nifty
Odd. I've been logged in all of 17 minutes right now and have gone from 519 to 197. I assume I'll be in sometime in the next 15 minutes.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Ensign
# 457 Full Server!?!
05-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Since when do we get full severs on Tribble?! Ive been testing since before season 7 and never experienced that. Is it a bug or is it really that full? Also, about this surprise for serious testers on the closed beta, well I've had problems posting bugs, ive even done it in the forums a few times because I couldn't do them on line please tell me this surprise won't be based on that!
[i]We Are Phoenix Rebirth. Rising from the Ashes we are reborn again and again and continue to grow as fire burning across the Milky Way galaxy.
Survivor of Romulus
# 458
05-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Just started the beta (only just heard about it due to college coursework deadlines and all that jazz).

Currently sat in 31843 out of 31843

EDIT.
As I posted that, it jumped to 1 and then logged in xD
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}
Ensign
# 459
05-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Just wanted to say, I LOVE the changes and direction being taken with the expansion... really feels a lot closer to true star trek (still a little too much combat... but at least now there's a lot more interesting story and intrigue/etc. to go with it). Love the Romulan story and gameplay.
Lieutenant
# 460 I got in! And its sweet!
05-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Guess I just got lucky, the que was only 6 and it only took like 30 seconds to login this time! The new soundtrack is a welcome refresh as Star Trek Online just keeps repeating the same 3 tracks over and over and over and over and over and over (get the hint?)

The new cinematics are slick! Love those new effects! The only strange thing that I have encountered so far is that when it looks like someone is speaking, sometimes there is voice, sometimes there is not. Would be nice if when their lips are moving you could hear the characters instead of just subtitles on the bottom of the screen.

Other than that, I really like the way that this game is shaping up!

Keep up the awesome work.
Closed Thread