Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Starfleet Veteran
# 41
05-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Probably just a Tholian tribble or something that gives 1 Nukara mark.
Career Officer
# 42
05-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Congrats all on being able to finally test it out!
Now Flotiila wont be so quiet

Joined August 2009
Survivor of Romulus
# 43
05-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Pets are exactly the same problem as unique tribbles: no storage. Same trap.
yeah but at least it would be something different. Although a serious borg ass kicking romulan assault rifle that doesn't have to be remodulated would be nice too. lol
Career Officer
# 44
05-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Sweet, a week earlier then I thought!
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 45
05-09-2013, 05:16 PM
What happened to the second round of closed beta invites, or did I miss the announcement? I wasn't expecting the special test weekend for the reward to happen until the weekend before LoR launches like you guys did with season 7.

Did you bump things up because of all the whiners not getting a beta invite?

I had a Romulan around level 26 and was awaiting the rest of the episodes to unlock, then you guys wiped tribble server lol.

Well back to my alien rommy to do more testing.
Rihannsu
# 46
05-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magusofborg View Post
Congrats all on being able to finally test it out!
Now Flotiila wont be so quiet
Yeah really it's like a ghost town right now...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
# 47
05-09-2013, 05:55 PM
There goes the neighborhood.

Starfleet Veteran
# 48
05-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
Im a little dismayed that us closed beta testers get nothing unless we log in this weekend

But it is what it is and i will do as ive done throughout and log in and test for several hours as normal.

So Branflakes can we get a hint what the "reward" is or is it a wait and see thing
Getting into closed beta and getting to test the content early IS your reward. A quick perusal of the closed beta thread in the Fed News Network should tell you that there are (soon to be "were") plenty of players who wanted that invite (some, like me, who met the qualifications for the invite, but just lost out to the computer's random selection of 1000ish people on the qualified list). Getting to test early is a reward because you get to help make sure the content is good before everyone else sees it (and you get to play it first too!).

I will say this: if STO ties in a reward to closed beta testing Romulans/new KDF and doesn't give it to people who tested the new Fed stuff, I will be severely disappointed. People who love testing the new content (like me; been doing it since before STO went live) shouldn't be penalized for not getting lucky with an invite.
"That hurts worse than the uniform." - Dr. McCoy on the Vulcan salute
"On Vulcan, the teddy bears are alive. And they have six-inch fangs." - Spock on sehlats
Career Officer
# 49
05-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappyj0yj0y View Post
I'm kind of hoping the reward will be unique Warp/Singularity Cores which we can claim since they're the main new shiny being introduced. It could be the "Fuzzy-Wuzzy Core" where the item icon is a tiny hamster in a wheel...
This would be better than another tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 50
05-09-2013, 08:19 PM
I was not sure were to post this.... but if its on the wrong sub-forum section Please feel free to move it to the correct one!!!

On with the topic... I been playing on the Tribble for quite a while now.. I love testing the update before hand to see what its like... And with LoR I'm out of the roof getting to play the Romulans... but I lately seen this problem in my HUD.. not sure if anyone else has it but on all the interaction windows likes ex. when your in a mission and you Bridge Officer contacts you and you read the message on the left.. its seems like the TOP and LEFT side of the Words are being eaten by the window... Here is a quick snap of what it looks...

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4ccd4189.jpg

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/...ps656ea65a.png

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1a11c05a.png

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8eadb63a.png

Hope you guys can fix this problem as its not only on Rumulans but in all the factions KDF, FED. AND it only happens when I bring down the Interface Scale below 1 (default)....

So far that's all I've seen that is buggy or glitchy.... everything else is Super amazing!!!

Thank you Cryptic for the Close Beta invitation!!!
Keep up the great work Brandon!!!!

Again If this post is not in the correct place feel free to move it...

Last edited by comrademoco; 05-09-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Closed Thread