Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 81
05-10-2013, 07:45 AM
i hope this open beta doesnt start later in the day in europe while the americans get more then 2 days and a bit worth of testing. i would be annoyed by it being late in the day. its coming up 7am pst/3pm bst. so branflakes should be around by now to hopefully pick off some news about the open beta before its too late to gain the most feedback possible over the week.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Captain
# 82
05-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
i hope this open beta doesnt start later in the day in europe while the americans get more then 2 days and a bit worth of testing. i would be annoyed by it being late in the day. its coming up 7am pst/3pm bst. so branflakes should be around by now to hopefully pick off some news about the open beta before its too late to gain the most feedback possible over the week.
Most of Cryptic's employees won't even be in the office for another 2+ hours. They need to get in, verify the patch, set a patch time, and then load the patch. I wouldn't expect that to happen before 10 or 11 am, their time.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 83
05-10-2013, 07:52 AM
I expect that I can play here in Germany tomorrow morning.
Lieutenant
# 84
05-10-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We don't have an exact time yet, otherwise I would have included it Once it officially begins (Tribble is patched and available for Open Beta), I'll be sure to update the blog, update the OP, make a post to this thread, Tweet, Facebook and yodel about it from the top of our office building.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Too bad you can't just send a yodel to everyone over the internet, that would be awesome!
Career Officer
# 85
05-10-2013, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Most of Cryptic's employees won't even be in the office for another 2+ hours. They need to get in, verify the patch, set a patch time, and then load the patch. I wouldn't expect that to happen before 10 or 11 am, their time.
i have seen instances in the past where things were done early in the morning by cryptic staff, like a patch and such and im not surprised if there are a few cryptic staff in overnight to keep things running at a moments notice. it wouldnt take much to ask one of these people to get the patch released at a set time days in advance to avoid logistical problems, this includes making sure the whole package is also ready for usage days in advance throug hthe varification and such. cryptic have been burned in the past for bad quality patching and rush to release a new one as soon as possible.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Captain
# 86
05-10-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
i have seen instances in the past where things were done early in the morning by cryptic staff, like a patch and such and im not surprised if there are a few cryptic staff in overnight to keep things running at a moments notice. it wouldnt take much to ask one of these people to get the patch released at a set time days in advance to avoid logistical problems, this includes making sure the whole package is also ready for usage days in advance throug hthe varification and such. cryptic have been burned in the past for bad quality patching and rush to release a new one as soon as possible.
Your posts are really just starting to sound like nerd angst: "I really, really, really, really want to play and they won't let me. Why can't they do it faster? "

Cryptic works at it's own pace. If that means you don't get to play in the Open Beta until tomorrow, so be it. Sorry for you, but Cryptic's not going to rush something out the door just because you need to go to bed early on a Friday night.

The Open Beta is for everyone, not just you. It does no one any good for them to to rush it out the door and then just need to re-patch it 3 hours from now.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 87
05-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Your posts are really just starting to sound like nerd angst: "I really, really, really, really want to play and they won't let me. Why can't they do it faster? "

Cryptic works at it's own pace. If that means you don't get to play in the Open Beta until tomorrow, so be it. Sorry for you, but Cryptic's not going to rush something out the door just because you need to go to bed early on a Friday night.

The Open Beta is for everyone, not just you. It does no one any good for them to to rush it out the door and then just need to re-patch it 3 hours from now.
Are We There Yet... ? ...
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Lt. Commander
# 88
05-10-2013, 08:33 AM
well it tells me to wait 2 hours the character will get copied over.
i go back it asks me ot copy the same character i wonder would that screw you up copying it 2 3 or 50 times.....lol
Rihannsu
# 89
05-10-2013, 08:43 AM
It would be so very very cool (or hot rather) if we could get a Tholian Boff as a reward. Or maybe as a non-combat pet, full enviroment suit walking after you everywhere. Except on deamon worlds of course.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Career Officer
# 90
05-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:

if you feel that bias thats your problem i frankly couldnt careless, the same about the game or if i get in or not, but it doesnt hurt to ask around all the same.
Quote:
- Charles Darwin.
Closed Thread