Captain
# 11
05-09-2013, 04:32 PM
No offense, but this is something you should really send to just your fleet? It's not an ideology that everyone will stick to (even if some of it is fairly decent)

Here is one you should have that involves the right of the individual

Their right to remain independent. Some people don't want to join fleets. I know a few that think the way Fleet's are; especially with the heavy demand and focus on starbase projects rather than the individuals, a stain on this game rather than benefit.

Another factor is being an officer or leader. A lot of people have no idea the responsibilities and duty they must perform but that's a book rather than a post. Your Section 3 really says nothing about how to be a real leader; unfortunately you don't get to see many around on this as there is literally no risk of failure on STO.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Republic Veteran
# 12
05-09-2013, 04:44 PM
you realize you can edit your own posts right? why do you need all of those extra reserved slots?

I agree with vitzh...this is something for you only.
=/\= TASK FORCE THETA NINE =/\=
Subscription Status: 1000 Day Veteran
Jolan Tru. Quapla. Peace and Long Life. Make Phasers and Photon Torpedos Ready. FIRE EVERYTHING!
Commander
# 13
05-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
you realize you can edit your own posts right? why do you need all of those extra reserved slots?
this. frankly the OP comes off as spamming with all those unused 'reserved' posts
Captain
# 14
05-09-2013, 05:22 PM
The idea behind these principles is to offer a unifying concord of ideas all fleets can aspire for and perhaps utilize for their own. It does not replace current individual rules nor is intended to hinder the development of such by new fleets. I advocate and suggest fleets develop their own unique visions for what best matches their ideals. However, the principles outlined in the Code can serve as a guide for fleets on the whole and provide a consensus within the community, which is needed when competition replaces courtesy. That is sadly becoming all too commonplace. I have seen MMO's destroyed by the lack of community respect, the very same symptoms I witness here in it's early stages. The pressure of fleets to fulfill recruitment needs and the increasing intolerance of players are directly related, as I proved in my last thread. Rivalry between fleets and players has the potential of tearing this game apart eventually, discouraging players from participating and shedding an undeservedly bad reputation for a good game. On the up side, if there is any MMO who is rational enough to pull itself together, it is a scientific one such as this, and I have confidence those with understanding can work together and come up with solutions. The ones with the most ability to preserve a friendlier community atmosphere are fleet leaders themselves, by getting together and realizing we share one game and common goals together. That is what I would like to see happen before it is too late.

PS. In my experience with adaptable forum threads like this one, it pays to have extra room for expansion, rather than end up messy later and having to create a new thread. I'd rather fill up a few more spaces now, than have to split stuff up and have it mixed up if need arises.
Lieutenant
# 15
05-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtern1ty View Post
On the up side, if there is any MMO who is rational enough to pull itself together, it is a scientific one such as this
Bahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ahahaha.

Aha. Heh.

Ha.

Carry on
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-09-2013, 06:37 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

CAPTAIN! I'm picking up a Golden Age Supervillian on long range sensors. She appears to be mooning us U_U"

Last edited by bluegeek; 05-10-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Ensign
# 17
05-09-2013, 09:42 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 05-10-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Career Officer
# 18
05-09-2013, 09:52 PM
You know, I had a problem with the original thread that lead to this one but didn't post there because I just couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. Now I know.

This smacks of the worst sort of arrogance. Who are you to think that you have all of the answers for all of the thousands of Fleets in STO? All of the guilds, fellowships, or what-have-you in all of the other games? People are free to create Fleets to use as personal banks, Fleets to run up the ranks to sell provision-purchasable goods, and are free to sell Fleets that they're not interested in maintaining any more. If someone's account gets hacked and they sell the Fleet that they're the leader of, that's an issue of account security, not the Fleet system. If someone sells a Fleet over their members' protests, well, maybe the prospective members should've vetted the Fleet that they intended to join a bit better. Big Brother restrictions and lengthy charters are not necessary, warranted, or wanted.

On a side note, I doubt that you've ever played EVE. You'd hate it over there.

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain9prime View Post
IDIC fail.
Career Officer
# 19
05-09-2013, 11:26 PM

Last edited by bluegeek; 05-10-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-10-2013, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtern1ty View Post
The ones with the most ability to preserve a friendlier community atmosphere are fleet leaders themselves, by getting together and realizing we share one game and common goals together.......
Well thats a falsehood I'm a Klingon faction member . I want to phaser burn every single last one of you.

CAPTAIN! I'm picking up a Golden Age Supervillian on long range sensors. She appears to be mooning us U_U"