Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 507
# 11
05-10-2013, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cha0s1428 View Post
Yeah. they keep getting closer to good. However it doesn't matter what they change on the D'deridex if they keep it at 5 turn. You could give it 5 tac consoles, and it still won't matter. With 5 turn, you are stuck with beams which cannot hurt anyone.
Do know that the D'deridex was described even bigger of a space whale than the Galaxy.... but in STO if you KNOW how to use Beams Right you can hurt people quite nastily. It's not that hard to get at least 1k dps per beam, hell even seen people doing 2k a beam without a sweat.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 844
# 12
05-10-2013, 02:00 AM
You need 3 RCS and an impulse engine with a good turn rate to get the DD to turn as good as a unaltered excelsior....thats not a good thing btw
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 395
# 13
05-10-2013, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Do know that the D'deridex was described even bigger of a space whale than the Galaxy.... but in STO if you KNOW how to use Beams Right you can hurt people quite nastily. It's not that hard to get at least 1k dps per beam, hell even seen people doing 2k a beam without a sweat.
Yes, it is quite easy to get 2k dps per beam. However DPS means squat. Practically any escort can out tank that without a sweat. Beams don't hurt man, no matter what you do to them.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 45
# 14
05-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Just throwing in my support for the new D'Deridex layout. As someone who's planning on making a Romulan my new main character, thanks for not making it a Galaxy clone and instead giving me a version of the iconic ship that'll be a useful contributor in all end game content.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,177
# 15
05-10-2013, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
You need 3 RCS and an impulse engine with a good turn rate to get the DD to turn as good as a unaltered excelsior....thats not a good thing btw
Whaaat? I used 2 mark IV blue RCs consoles and it turned like the breen escort!
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 395
# 16
05-10-2013, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Whaaat? I used 2 mark IV blue RCs consoles and it turned like the breen escort!
I call BS on you here, as its clear you have no idea what you are talking about.

1 Mk IV blue RCS = .99 turn on the D'D. 2 of them would give you roughly +2. So 7.5.

Hardly even the base of 13 on the breen ship. Try again.

The BEST you can possibly get with 4 RCS, Tachyo, 9 in impulse thrusters, and cloak is roughly 16-17, max. It is nothing short of a joke, and a middle finger to anyone who wants to try and pvp with one.

Not everyone is content with just pve in this game, and I really wish you would stop arguing as if nobody matters but you and your pve crowd.

Last edited by cha0s1428; 05-10-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 759
# 17
05-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cha0s1428 View Post
I call BS on you here, as its clear you have no idea what you are talking about.

1 Mk IV blue RCS = .99 turn on the D'D. 2 of them would give you roughly +2. So 7.5.

Hardly even the base of 13 on the breen ship. Try again.

The BEST you can possibly get with 4 RCS, Tachyo, 9 in impulse thrusters, and cloak is roughly 16-17, max. It is nothing short of a joke, and a middle finger to anyone who wants to try and pvp with one.

Not everyone is content with just pve in this game, and I really wish you would stop arguing as if nobody matters but you and your pve crowd.
Umm really I beg to differ

with 6pt in thrusters and a Tachyokinetic console = 9.1 turn at 1/4 impulse
http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/...5-11_00007.jpg

same equipment while in cloak = 23.3 turn
http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/...5-11_00010.jpg

Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 354
# 18
05-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cha0s1428 View Post
Yeah. they keep getting closer to good. However it doesn't matter what they change on the D'deridex if they keep it at 5 turn. You could give it 5 tac consoles, and it still won't matter. With 5 turn, you are stuck with beams which cannot hurt anyone.
Bullcrap. Between a decent combat impulse engine, impoved RCS modules, a decent singularity core; new-and-improved EPtE, Aux2Damp, APA, APO, EM, and battle cloak; and ample science slots for your choice of GW, ES, and TB; if you can't keep a D'Deridex on-target with DHC's*, you're just bad and you should feel bad.
Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.

Last edited by theodrim; 05-11-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 24
# 19
05-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Do know that the D'deridex was described even bigger of a space whale than the Galaxy.... but in STO if you KNOW how to use Beams Right you can hurt people quite nastily. It's not that hard to get at least 1k dps per beam, hell even seen people doing 2k a beam without a sweat.
No its not described as an even bigger space whale then the Galaxy.
Its twice as big and is SLOWER....
Not less maneuverable its SLOWER!!!!

There is no reason for its crappy turn rate....
Of course there is no real reason for any ship in the game to have crappy turn rates since all ships have something which negates inertia....
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,297
# 20
05-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cha0s1428 View Post
The T'Varo is not the B'rel of the Romulans by no means other than enhanced cloak. Its the Defiant, but turns better.
Everyone here says the T'Varo is the Romulan B'rel. Who am I to argue with everyone? Chillax my man. Chillllllllax!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:55 AM.