Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Republic Veteran
# 551
07-15-2013, 04:11 PM
Hmm, vague, slow, and cryptic responses to tickets (if they bother to respond at all). No response to their own thread, gee I wonder what they're hiding. Cryptic, this continued kneejerk reaction of sticking your virtual fingers in your ears and shouting lalalalala isn't working this time, people are getting annoyed enough to contact the BBB, lawyers, and in my case the Michigan State Attorney General's Office and the California State Attorney General's office.

Time to sort this out, it's not going away until you respond to it responsibly.
Career Officer
# 552
07-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amishrevolution View Post
Hmm, vague, slow, and cryptic responses to tickets (if they bother to respond at all). No response to their own thread, gee I wonder what they're hiding. Cryptic, this continued kneejerk reaction of sticking your virtual fingers in your ears and shouting lalalalala isn't working this time, people are getting annoyed enough to contact the BBB, lawyers, and in my case the Michigan State Attorney General's Office and the California State Attorney General's office.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Preach on brother.... What do we want JUSTICE when do we want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Career Officer
# 553
07-16-2013, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amishrevolution View Post

Since we have no accounting history that tracks stipend payments, what evidence do you have that will show you never received your stipend? PWE will come up with all kinds of records to show you received a double/triple/quadrupled/whatever stipend payment. Hate to be blunt, but the customer has no proof beyond "I said so".

It's one thing to make a claim at a place like the BBB, another to try a lawsuit without any real evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
The cost of actually commissioning an artisan to make a real physical model of my starship using 1 pound of 14k gold will probably cost less than creating a "gold ship" in STO.
Lieutenant
# 554
07-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Still no stipend for me since May 22 and I know I didn't get dupes because billing support told me the dates I got payments but then failed to take care of the fact that the last payment was 5 weeks ago when they responded to my ticket and closed it.

My sub is now cancelled. I don't plan on spending any cash until a zen ledger is instituted. I won't let myself get into theis situation a second time.
Survivor of Romulus
# 555
07-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
Since we have no accounting history that tracks stipend payments, what evidence do you have that will show you never received your stipend? PWE will come up with all kinds of records to show you received a double/triple/quadrupled/whatever stipend payment. Hate to be blunt, but the customer has no proof beyond "I said so".

It's one thing to make a claim at a place like the BBB, another to try a lawsuit without any real evidence.
They can claim they paid me all they want. They need to prove the Zen is available in my account. If it is not in my account they need to show what I spent it on. It is not like it can fall out of my pockets.

So a full accounting of Zen paid, and what I bought with it. This is how a ledger works. It should balance at the end. If it does not, then PWE/Cryptic need to add/remove Zen accordingly.

But they won't respond to tickets. Their only interest seems to be to sticky a thread pointing people to a scam survey site that also doesn't pay Zen as promised. This game has officially hit rock bottom as far as integrity goes.

Help rebuild the Romulan Star Empire to glory. Click the banner to join today.

Career Officer
# 556
07-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusafury View Post
They can claim they paid me all they want. They need to prove the Zen is available in my account. If it is not in my account they need to show what I spent it on.
Well, according to some here, PWE is fudging reports to show when stipend payments were made. If that is the case (and I'm not at all saying it is), what would stop them from fudging reports to say what you spent it on too?

Some level of proof is required beyond "I said so" to start a legal case is what I was getting at earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusafury View Post
So a full accounting of Zen paid, and what I bought with it. This is how a ledger works. It should balance at the end. If it does not, then PWE/Cryptic need to add/remove Zen accordingly.
I agree 100% that we should have this. I wish you luck in getting it implemented. It's quite clear there is no interest in doing it on PWE's part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
The cost of actually commissioning an artisan to make a real physical model of my starship using 1 pound of 14k gold will probably cost less than creating a "gold ship" in STO.
Career Officer
# 557
07-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Well, like I said, I got three stipends in April. Mistakes happen, I don't know how a mistake like that could happen, but oh well. They told me I wouldn't get the next two stipends due to the overpayment, and that's fair. I didn't expect any in May or June.

Today should be my usual stipend day.

Zen balance: 0
Republic Veteran
# 558
07-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post

They could do that for one or two accounts but if the attorney general's office investigates, they tend to be more thorough than just checking a couple of accounts if they're directed to a bunch of people getting the same treatment. Personally, I wouldn't bother with an attorney myself though a multitude of small claims cases across the country would probably get really interesting really fast for them. The BBB is pretty much powerless on the internet though some have gotten satisfaction that way and it might be worth filing a report just to annoy PWE/Cryptic and let them know that they've annoyed their player base again.
Career Officer
# 559
07-17-2013, 01:03 AM
One has to think that if the attorney general of California were to give CBS a call that the silence would end. It may seem petty to some, but when you add up the number of lifers who have been defrauded it takes on a different light.

No Zen
Mail broken
Bugs breaking STFs

Obsidian Order of Silence - There are four lights.

THERE ARE THREE LIGHTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Career Officer
# 560
07-17-2013, 03:27 AM
this has been a pretty bad year to be me in STO so far, first S7 launched and while that was technically last year because of a computer crashing bug i was unable to play until February when it was finally fixed, then everything went reasonably smooth until i got my double stipend in April... and i was OK with not getting a stipend for may, then LOR launched and while buggy i had fun until i realized that i couldn't actually find a fun ship to play with and the only real lvl 50 sci ship they have requires exclusive access to a t5 starbase AND 20 dollars worth of FSMs but that's not the real issue.

It is now July, and am fairly certain i should have gotten a stipend payout by now, and as for filing a ticket on the support site...I would have an easier time inventing a time machine and going back in time to ask the greeks for help with my problem, because at least they would speak a language that is from earth. I can't even log into the support sight without getting infinity redirected and thus cockblocked from resolving my problem at all! so thanks PWE for making cryptic look like the bad guys here and THANKS Cryptic team for working as hard as you do to try and keep STO rockin, I really do appreciate the hard work you put in, but tell the guys over in legal and billing to get this sorted fast because eventually this is going to cause yall to tank.
Closed Thread