Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 21
05-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Hi Captains,

Thanks for your patience as our GM team works to answer your tickets -- please note that tickets are answered in the order received, but the time for response varies depending on how many tickets are ahead of yours. We appreciate your patience as they work through each one, and apologize for the increased response time we're currently experiencing.

If you're running into account linking difficulties, please read our support article here: https://support.perfectworld.com/app...ail/a_id/4134/

Regarding helping nenwe create a PWE new account, this is because they had already logged in to STO with the PWE account they were trying to link, which makes it ineligible for linking to a Cryptic account -- this is because, upon first log in to the launcher, if you don't link it to a Cryptic account first, it creates a "new" linked Cryptic account for you on that PWE account (you don't access that Cryptic account for anything, but the game recognizes it -- that's how you have an in-game @handle). Our GM team would be able to assist with unlinking that PWE account and linking it to your old Cryptic account (you'd need to file a ticket and wait for a response), but if you made any characters on the PWE account, they'd be lost as your old STO characters would override them.

Creating a new PWE account and linking it to your old Cryptic account via the steps in the above linked support is a method to use if you don't want to wait for support to get back to you, but should only be done if you don't use the current "ineligible for linking" PWE account to play other PWE games, have not bought any ZEN/ Legacy Pack, don't mind starting over your forum account, etc. It's really best to wait for GM help in unlinking the account and linking it to your old Cryptic account, though, as you shouldn't need to create a new account -- you'd just need to wait for a response to your ticket.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 22
05-15-2013, 09:03 AM
I've been waiting over a week to see if my hacked account can be restored... While I appreciate that support is a busy, and largely thankless, role my patience is wearing pretty thin.
Ensign
# 23
05-15-2013, 12:07 PM
This whole linking thing is nonsense anyway. I had to create a LESS SECURE password to fit the maximum length for a PWE pw.
Ensign
# 24
05-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unc0mmoner View Post
I've been waiting over a week to see if my hacked account can be restored... While I appreciate that support is a busy, and largely thankless, role my patience is wearing pretty thin.
Same thing here... Just kiss your account goodbye.. they changed the darn email on mine so I cant even log into my original account on the website. Apparently there was a HUGE influx of it since NWNO is going to launch and a lot of us were caught in the crossfire. I think PW got compromised they just don't want to admit it yet.

hey what about my account getting hacked 2 days ago... I can't even log into the stupid website to check my support ticket because the email address my account was attached to was changed without my permission and the stupid protection thing did not work. =)

Any word on when I might get a response? Considering they probably deleted my account and drained it of all my dillithium and zen? you know.. only a lifetime subscriber since release and all.. NO BIG DEAL.
Ensign
# 25 Add me to the list
05-15-2013, 09:31 PM
I too am having issues linking my old Cryptic account. Put a ticket in days ago. Probably seeing the same error many of you have "cannot link because it's already linked to another account" or something like that.

Got to BG5 back in the day when PvP was pretty much the only way to level for the KDF. Came back of course, like others, over the new Romulan addition. Also I wont drop any money until this issue is resolved (if ever).

I hope that the problem is resolved before the weekend but seeing that some players have been waiting a week or more has me depressed
Ensign
# 26
05-16-2013, 04:24 AM
Today makes it one week for me waiting on a response as well.

In my case my old STO account is still with Cryptic as I never moved it but forgot the password or it won't let me log into it because of the move to PW. I asked them to move that account onto this one and gave them a PILE of personal/credit info only I can get.

I'm also unwilling to start a new account since that account is flagged as a Lifetime Account. I wanted to get the Legacy pack before release but I'm starting to think it won't happen. I just feel like they don't seem to have any sort of escalation process in place for dealing with account issues like ours and we get piled behind all the other people who will never drop a dime on their free MMO yet here we are and some of us have dropped hundreds already and waiting to drop more but nope.

Not impressed.
Lieutenant
# 27
05-16-2013, 06:28 AM
variise, I know how you feel, its been 8 days for me.

I can log into both accounts using the client, in both cases my characters are gone. I'm presuming a linking issue.

You're right cases should be filtered depending on the category sub type that is selected, cases that stop you playing the game completely should be prioritized, as should hacked accounts and currency issues.

I understand the issues they are having due to NW, I'm just a little surprised the wait time is so long across games.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
05-16-2013, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
If you're having issues getting through support, you could try getting extra awareness for your issue by going onto the Perfect World support forums and posting about your issue:

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/...play.php?f=348

I've also read on Champions Online forums that there are a lot of Neverwinter support tickets piling up that are slowing them down a bit, not that I'm try to justify why they are being so slow helping you guys, just trying to offer something to help.

From personal experience, they (support forums) have helped me before when I had issues with my account on Champions Online. Good luck and welcome back to STO.

Dear lord I sound like a shill....
No you sound like an exploitve haxxor
Ensign
# 29
05-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Neverwinter is still in beta, isn't it? No way a support ticket from a beta should outweigh one from a production title.
I've pretty much given up hope on getting my account back, now i need to decide if I want to play through 95 character levels and spend 7500 zen to get back what i had.
Ensign
# 30
05-16-2013, 09:24 AM
I would hope that's the way it worked but they are already getting cash from people buying things for Neverwinter. Don't think they are doing any character wipes from this point on so effectively it is like a release.

I am with everyone here thinking that the linking problem, causing many of us not to be able to see our Cryptic STO characters, is game breaking and a non-trivial. So why this isn't a more important issue I don't know :/

Day 3 for me and still no answer. Hey Branflakes, knock some heads and get some folks working on a solution to the tech problem you outlined above.

Like others I am not dropping any money into STO, or NW for that matter, if this is the way PW handles issues.

I don't have a Twitter account. Can someone with the same linking problems, and has a Twitter account, go over there and make more noise about this issue? Pretty bad that it's taking so long for many players. I know, it sounds pretty lazy on my part. For me, maintaining a Twitter account, Facebook account, G+ account is too much work. I already have too much RL work

Last edited by moontemple; 05-16-2013 at 09:37 AM.