Republic Veteran
so with the 10th's patch all ground combat I have tried my main ton has no weapon. At first I thought it was a bug specific to a certain mission. I did this mission before the patch and it worked just fine, now no weapons and looking bug for my toon. the bo's shoot fine...my toon stands there looking retarded.
Career Officer
# 2
05-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Seems only some weapons are effected.

Looks like they added new models to the ground weapons* and... I guess they fudged up a few of them because my plasma pistols work fine, but my plasma rifles don't show up and don't fire.

* and on that note, WHY!? The plasma pistol model looked fine. It looked like the romulan weapon we saw in the shows. We do not need new, more garish, less canon-looking weapons at every tier like we see with every other weapon type. In case no one has noticed, most people HATE that. Generally folks want their weapons to look like the ones they're familiar with. This is a licensed game, and a lot of people who play it want it to look and feel like that license. The tier one phasers and disruptors do that... then they turn into spiky, hologram-covered trash. It's bad enough those do it, we don't need the plasma weapons doing it too... especially when implementing this feature that most people don't want seems to break the game.
# 3
05-10-2013, 05:04 PM
I have this problem too, but only with the Plasma Piercing Beam Rifle. I can equip it on my toon, but I can't unholster it, and I can't fire it either.
Republic Veteran
# 4
05-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Seems to only effect the weapons coming from the flotilla. other weapons seem unaffected.
Career Officer
# 5
05-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Plasma pistols from the flotilla work. It seems to be a problem only with the republic rifles.
Join Unrepentant!
Empire Veteran
# 6
05-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Same here. Weapons (rifles) bought from flotilla (pre-patch) do not work or display on captain or boffs.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 7
05-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
Same here. Weapons (rifles) bought from flotilla (pre-patch) do not work or display on captain or boffs.
Confirmed. However, I bought Plasma Piercing Beam Rifle Mk Vs for all my Boffs post patch and they are not working. The Assault weapons (not miniguns) from the flotilla- don't remember the name- weren't working for me (Rom-Fed) either.

When I get back in game I will try to buy weapons at the command center and see if they work.

edited to add: Phaser Minigun V, purchased from Romulan Command Center, are working for BOFFs.

Last edited by bohiap; 05-10-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Ensign
# 8
05-11-2013, 05:15 AM
i'm using the standard fed. weapons:
phaser and sniper rifle.

They don't work
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
05-11-2013, 05:23 AM
Ditto piercing rifle will not appear or fire (pity because its cool)
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-11-2013, 05:41 AM
seems there's more threads on this. A pity though. The piercing plasma rifle is a neat rifle.