Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Lots of people are having crashes on ground missions this game is unplayable for me.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I just kept playing and finished THE ground part but THE rally point puzzles me is it bugs or what do you need to do?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-27-2010, 06:00 AM
Starbase 24 crashes when I begin combat on the base. It will slow down, then freezes for 1-2min and then the game exits. I have a feeling its my video cards, as I have 2 4870s in crossfire.
Ground missions seems to drop in fps as well. But this is the only mission that crashes and I cant get through it, except once i did it by luring the Klingons into the halls 2 by 2 but the mission didnt succeed for some reason... Even after i rescued the scientists.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-27-2010, 04:13 PM
not that it's a bug, but I logged out as an away mission @ SB24 then when I logged back in, I beamed up to my ship and was almost instantly destroyed.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beele View Post
not that it's a bug, but I logged out as an away mission @ SB24 then when I logged back in, I beamed up to my ship and was almost instantly destroyed.
yeah had that happen a couple times in a row was ....anoying.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Yeah.. I just started trying to play the "ground" part of starbase 24 and after the second crash in 10 minutes, I'm done for the night. This is just the worst mission for crashing so far!

I just upgraded my drivers to 10.1 so maybe I'll try the re-install and I'll give the maxfps thing a go [even though I have vert sync on, which SHOULD do exactly the same thing since that sets the max FPS at your vert refresh rate which is 60].

So far, this has been the most horrid crashing game I have played in ages -- the other in recent memory would have been Gothic 3 -- man THAT was bad.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-10-2010, 02:31 AM
I used to have this problem with Starbase 24, it would crash everytime I tried the missions. However!! Turning off Dynamic Lighting in the graphics option fixed this for me, I think it's a known glitch with ATI Cards, I'm using a 1Gb 4890 Vapour-X, turning off Dynamic Lighting seems to have improved stability. Only crashes I get now are when completing certain missions, but that's a server issue, not client.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-10-2010, 06:59 AM
I had a different issue when doing the "rescue the scientist" mission inside the star base 24. I would be running around fighting the Klingons, then my character would just stop in one position (stuck to the floor, or against a wall), a light would show at the tip of my weapon, and there would be a siren type noise that would cycle over and over.

/unstuck and /killme commands wouldn't fix this. I literally had to abort mission and beam back in.

I finally got to complete the mission after 4 tries. Is that sticking in one spot a bug, or something to do with my ATI video card?