Lt. Commander
I don't know if this is an allowed link for general download, and if it isn't, then a dev can feel free to delete this thread.

I came across a link for the client download during closed beta, and i though i'd share it with you all.
Using various other means of download, such as fileplanet, d2d,steam etc, they all were very slow.

Using the following link, it took me approx 1 hr 30 to download the full client (which patched at the same time), and i was ready to play.

http://files.startrekonline.com/inst...line_setup.exe

Hope it helps someone out. And again, if it's not allowed, then a moderator can feel free to delete this thread. (I have already PM'd them to take a look at it)
Lt. Commander
# 2 Gratitude
01-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you (even though I have not finished recieving the patch yet). I have been trying to find a way to get this for a couple of days and was close to giving up until I found your thread.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Byron
Thank you, thank you, thank you (even though I have not finished recieving the patch yet). I have been trying to find a way to get this for a couple of days and was close to giving up until I found your thread.
That's how I got my client. No problems.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Bump to let more players get the client faster.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-17-2010, 03:33 PM
I try to download it and it freezes at 25 mbs! Why is that, and I have a cable connection at 100mbps, so what is the deal? I just want to try the open beta, but there has been so many issues just download the client!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm having problems too my download speed is very slow for some reason and i know it is not my internet connection. Is anyone else having the same problem. I usually get around 200 kb/s but right now i'm only getting around 20. Its been downloading for 25 hours and i am only at 26%. I guess they are having problems with the server? I don't know but hopefully it will be done sometime this week lol.