Lt. Commander
# 1 Romulan Fleet Uniforms
05-10-2013, 11:00 PM
At the moment it would seem that the only options available for Romulan fleet uniforms are those which were available at character creation.

While I understand why the mechanic for limiting fleet uniforms to options available to everyone exists and is necessary, I think that there needs to be some tweaks made in this case.

Don't get me wrong, the outfit options at creation are great, but they aren't exactly 'uniformy' and since every Romulan will unlock the Republic uniforms at least, couldn't Cryptic try to find a way to make those options acceptable for fleet uniforms. As for the Federation and Klingon options...those are available to every character that chooses that faction...

Again, I'm not sure how the game interprets 'unlockable parts' and maybe I'm asking for something that isn't possible with the engine...but it would be nice...

Celebrating Over 10 Years of Star Trek Gaming
Ensign
# 2 To true
06-12-2013, 02:13 AM
I coundn't agree more. My friend and I started Romulan Rep Fleet, and ther are zero choices for outfits that look even remotely like a uniform! Sad thing is, once you get done with the tutorial, you're in the Rom Rep Fleet. At least those clothing choices should be available at creation. I'm not sure, but I don't think you can join a Fleet until you choose an ally. At this point, one would think, any of the non Cstore clothing choices should be good to use for Fleet Uniform. Perhaps I am over thinking this, but it should just be a matter of let people use any of the outfit pieces that are usable up through the choosing of an ally. Besides, even in real life people wear BDU's that are not in the military. BTW, the Rom Rep uniforms don't look that much like uniforms either, but that just how I see it.