Career Officer
# 11
05-11-2013, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
The Lobi store one was upgraded to be able to reflect energy attacks while it has absorbed damage of a particular type. For example, if you absorb phaser energy into the weapon, you have a chance to reflect phaser attacks while swinging the sword in the proper arc. Functionally, this is similar to how the Nanopulse weapons work, but it only functions while the sword has energy absorbed and only for that particular energy type.

The new set sword doesn't have this feature, but it has the ability to fire the absorbed energy as a ranged attack instead.
Okay, so you're saying that the Lobi Sword is a Lightsaber and reflecting back the attack. And the Tholian Reputation Sword is a Gunsword and you can choose when to unleash the attack.

Dunno about you but seems like the Tholian Sword is the better deal since it's funner and you don't have to mess with Zen and Lockboxes to get it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
05-11-2013, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Okay, so you're saying that the Lobi Sword is a Lightsaber and reflecting back the attack. And the Tholian Reputation Sword is a Gunsword and you can choose when to unleash the attack.

Dunno about you but seems like the Tholian Sword is the better deal since it's funner and you don't have to mess with Zen and Lockboxes to get it.
Imagine having BOTH!

Or giving then to bo's
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Commander
# 13 I love it!
05-11-2013, 04:08 AM
I do love the reputation sword, it feels good to use and using the shattering harmonics attack is just plain awesome! Please don't change it I like it how it is :3
As someone who has 2 manned KAGE, 3 manned IGE and CGE, got 8:50 left on the clock (we've since beaten it) as our IGE Speed Run time, been here longer than my join date suggests and put in the effort to learn the game for myself, I would like to put it to you that I know what I'm doing.
Career Officer
# 14
05-11-2013, 06:15 AM
Oh, ho, ho, Taco. What have you done? Now I must have both swords!
Captain
# 15
05-11-2013, 06:51 AM
Lets dual wield them, one blade in each hand !
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 16
05-11-2013, 07:59 AM
I will enjoy getting hold of my laser sword from Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, which everyone knows is where laser swords are from.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Rihannsu
# 17
05-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Hmmm, guess it would be an insult if my Ultimecia toon used this.
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Bacon tastes so much better marinated in vegan tears"
Better dead then Fed!
Career Officer
# 18
05-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Imagine having BOTH!

Or giving then to bo's
Hmm, makes me wonder if BOFFs could use them to that effect?

Of course it would mean grinding out Nukara a hundred times to do so.
Rihannsu
# 19
05-11-2013, 02:05 PM
I were reading this and my heartbeats were getting faster... reached the confirmation from one of the GMs... AWESOME!!! I love this new addition, I did see the new sword in there week or 2 ago but i ddint know i can have a shooting sword, cant wait to play with it!!
Say the word, it saves the world.
CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
Career Officer
# 20
05-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Need melee dual wield, please. :-)