Captain
# 21
05-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Considering how the males look I had feared that the females would be positively scarey looking, so the current incarnation is something of a relief.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Rihannsu
# 22
05-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdawson View Post
Which is what I have tried, but I can't do an exact match. She was FAR better with the pre-open beta look, which IIRC was head 1 but with the spots texture. I've fudged it with head 2 but even so, I much preferred the original look.

Which brings me onto another point; why can't we change the spots look?
Yeah some of this kinda bugged me too. Here's an attempt I made, though I forogt to even try to change the skin tone. http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gal...&_sid=7edffaf4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
I think her old look was essentially a placeholder. I mean, all it was was a standard female humanoid face, with Reman ears, spots, and brow ridges.
Now her face actually matches the male Remans in the flattened nose department.
No it doesn't.... the males actually have kinda bulbous noses. In the movie, they do have (relatively) flat noses, but their noses are rather wide.

The new look for female remans is nothing like either....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 23
05-11-2013, 09:36 PM
The main things preventing us from making an 'old' Veril are the skin texture (shiny for type 1, but not for type 2, which otherwise looks more like old Veril) and being able to set the makeup color. This second one is probably a bug, as makeup color is changeable for many species, and it doesn't make sense for the Remans to have bright fushia but not darker tones. If you could make the makeup black, it would go a long way in returning the look to Veril.
Ensign
# 24
05-12-2013, 07:53 AM
I lvoe the new look, although I can't really get it to work in the tailor (can't set colors for makeup and skin). The old look was too human - we already have enough species that look exactly alike.
Survivor of Remus
# 25
05-12-2013, 08:46 AM
I played around with the appearance settings for Veril a bit and found a look I am comfortable with. I think the biggest issue for me is the skin coloration. I'm hoping that it's not intentional for her to only have the options for Romulan skin tones.

If I could get her some lighter gray or ashen tones, I think it would pretty close for me to the existing Reman design.

http://i.imgur.com/fowhyth.jpg
Rihannsu
# 26
05-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I agree here. I don't like the color/makeup either. Oh and did I mention head 1 sucks?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 27
05-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Personally, I would like to see some more options in the costume editor so that I can revert Veril to the old look. Though it's not even the new skin textures that disturb for me really; it's the eyes, the big freaky eyes. On most other Remans in the game, they have much smaller eyes, but on Veril (as well as a revamped Lotrix in "The Price of Neutrality"), the eyes are much bigger, making me think of some creepy creature from some weird black-and-white sci-fi flick. I've tried all the options in the costume editor to change the eyes back, with no luck. I'd just be happy with some options to change the eye structure back.
Rihannsu
# 28
05-18-2013, 09:53 PM
I posted a linkt to somethign I worked on that made her similar to the old Veril.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 29
05-18-2013, 11:34 PM
if we could just change the skin color and makeup color we could probably get really close to the old look.

the new one is yellow-y colored wile the old one was more of a grey
Captain
# 30
05-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgtx View Post
if we could just change the skin color and makeup color we could probably get really close to the old look.

the new one is yellow-y colored wile the old one was more of a grey
To change the makeup color, switch the head to Reman 3 and change the Overall Pattern color. Then switch to Reman 1 to set the pattern to Reman Makeup 3 (which is the eyes + lips pattern for Remans, unlike for those with standard humanoid makeup options), then switch to Reman 2 to get the head. The makeup pattern "sticks" between 1 and 2 (it's just a weirdly hidden option on 2), and the makeup color "sticks" between all three (again, it's a weirdly hidden option on 1 & 2). The base skin color can be changed from the basic color options bar at the top.