Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Cryptic Studios Team
Please use this thread to post all feedback and bugs found with the new Delta Quadrant Mission "Better with Friends".

General:
  • New mission “Better with Friends”.
    • This mission follows “Alliances”.

Known Issues:
  • Newly released content are not in a final state.
    • This includes Cutscenes, text, rewards, and art.
Lieutenant
# 2
09-25-2014, 07:38 PM
The one patrol "Blockade Runner" needs to be rebalanced big time. When I go to rescue the second hostipal ship there are 4 Heavy Artillery ships around and it took me 25 minutes to clear them. When I finished, I went back to the hospital ship and there were 2 more Artillery ships shooting at it.

You need to drop the number os ships. You cannot complete it. Artillery ships keep re-spawning faster than I can kill them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirk13 View Post
The one patrol "Blockade Runner" needs to be rebalanced big time. When I go to rescue the second hostipal ship there are 4 Heavy Artillery ships around and it took me 25 minutes to clear them. When I finished, I went back to the hospital ship and there were 2 more Artillery ships shooting at it.

You need to drop the number os ships. You cannot complete it. Artillery ships keep re-spawning faster than I can kill them.
yep pretty much, its so tedious i wanted to quite half way through... the problem is the the huge hp buffers even on normal... and its not really the hp but the insane resistances.

I finished it but 40 minutes for a patrol, in a ship that has no problem even in elite stfs?

Nope thats not gona fly.

The Fran system patrol is also a real bummer, the ships are all so close tho the planet that you constantly fight with the atmosphere effect, that the slor flares blind you dont help... I was fighting the majority of the battle with a white screen.
Captain
# 4
09-25-2014, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirk13 View Post

could not have put it better myself , just took me 45 min to finish that but I was swarmed with 6 artillery ships and 8 assault ships and a few cruisers at the end of the mission . I am using a fully upgraded fleet regent class(T5-U) at level 60 with level 14 ultra rare fleet weapons (upgraded) and the new torps and it could hardly put a dent in their hulls , whats with the rewards for finishing it ? . just getting 5 delta marks and nothing else (pls tell me these rewards are not final) .

edit : I got a crit hit with beam overload of 102k and it hardly scratched the paint on their ships
NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING

Last edited by usscapital; 09-25-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Captain
# 5
09-25-2014, 08:52 PM
yea, the Zahl system needs a rework badly.

I think I need to find another boat. I go in with my Galaxy X, drain down my enemy's shields. Buff to next week, Fire off the Spinal Lance, and it does two % at best on the enemy... That's when I can actually get the shot off without their orbital artillery firing.

Can't we atleast get like, say a 30 second charge cycle on that?
Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
What's my position?
That people should know what they're screaming about!
(paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
Empire Veteran
# 6
09-25-2014, 08:54 PM
zahn system- holy crap, i was at that for 45 minutes. i probably destroyed over 20 artillary battleships, and twice that many assault craft. is that much of a pure combat slog really intended?

farn system- everything takes place to close to the planet, the screen is always white with the to close to the atmosphere effect. and no im not confusing that with the solor flairs that were going on. cool effect btw. felt like the waves of attackers was excessive, cut that down by about 2.

xiokel system- the transmission right after all the vadwaur ships were destroyed, with ria sahen, showed one of my boffs, not her
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 7
09-25-2014, 09:22 PM
whats with their cruisers having over 200k hull when my fully upgraded fleet regent having only 91k (5x epic neut consoles +hp included in that amount of hull) , it is no wonder our weapons do little and their shields not moving more than a few % even being hit with a 102k crit hit
NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
Career Officer
# 8
09-25-2014, 11:56 PM
i also think that zahl mission needs another pass through the quality control department, its far from good or ready. i think a few of the triggers are not set correctly or something, when it came time to save the last group of ships i could only save 2/3 because there was no 3rd for me to save and i trawled the entire map without purpose...

yeah, far too many vaadwuar ships. i wonder if the one who created the "alliances" collective and octanti test with the tac cube and bulwark was the same one who did this, so far not really good caliber and quite unbalanced.

im gonna risk throwing a few more minutes at the mission and see if it passes otherwise i may end up having the skip it.

edit: second pass through, now i know what the problems were on the map, i have accounted for them, my squishy cruiser this time made it through within 10 minutes.

edit2: preying upon the weak, can the amount of solar flares be reduced? its giving me a headache its also coming at the most inconvenient times, ive already been destroyed twice because i couldnt see what was going on at that moment.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?

Last edited by mirrorchaos; 09-26-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 9
09-26-2014, 01:45 AM
The solar flares thing was cool Had no problem with seeing anything, but then again, it also doesn't hurt my eyes to look at the KDF UI color for hours, so yeah XD But anyway, much like many of the patrol missions, the level of ships that appear to harass us for whatever reason needs to be cut from 5 to 3.

And perhaps the Artillery Vessel needs a double cooldown on it's ability... summoning allies is all well and good, but when you're struggling even to damage it, it just becomes annoying.

But as far as Blockcade Runner, and Long Arm of the Law (along currently non-remembered patrols in the missions 'Enemies In All the Usual Places' + 'With Friends Like These')... well, I simply couldn't do them. Not that they were unwinnable, but the purple background/nebula/whatever on the maps simply made my performance go from smooth to unplayable. Like the early bloom effect from the Borg Red Alerts, and just as bad if not worse

Whatever they are, it needs to go - though keeping the look only would be fine.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'. I have nothing against the game/devs, nor any particular wish to talk bad about either, or praise most decisions. Still, it's better to be positive than cynical.

Last edited by trek21; 09-26-2014 at 02:21 AM.
Career Officer
# 10
09-26-2014, 02:32 AM
Zahn system specifically-

I feel like I just got done playing a level in Metal Gear Solid.....

So many artillery ships that I just started pulling them far enough away to ignore and rescue the ships.... Might wanna look at the number of the larger ships that spawn, at the moment they literally become small swarms and due to the hp inflation on the hull...ain't nobody got time for that.

The z-axis is buggy on rescuing the ships when dragging them to the warp point. I had to fly one in and out of the warp out point about 4 times before trying to fly it in at an equal height to the beacons, and it finally warped out.