Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-17-2010, 12:36 PM
I too have encountered this issue in the past few days. It did not occur in CB, and I have not changed keybinds or anything else since CB, so it is something introduced in the OB game code. While tab works, it seems sort of random sometimes as to what it selects. I just want to left click to choose a target. I'll try right-clicking next time to see if that removes the problem, but that doesn't change the fact left click is supposed to be the default target select.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidus View Post
Its starting to make me angry now.
I left click on a ship and it temporarily flashes as targeted then switches to some ship thats 20+km away
and this is repetedly i sometimes have to click it like 10 times before it sticks and even then in the middle of combat all the sudden my guns will stop firing and oh look my camera is focused at a ship thats 24km away wtf.

maybee im doing it wrong but i didnt seem to have a problem the other day.
i gave up trying to click on my targets, i tab target now. Much less anger issues for me now. none-the less, I would look into this cryptic, it is a little annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-17-2010, 01:52 PM
I've never been able to target something with a Left click, so Im also stuck using Tab targeting.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttlecraft
Are you using W,A,S,D to move? I think Im the only guy that uses the Arrow Keys to move......
Arrow keys? Then how do you rotate your shields? Do you click the interface buttons instead? I use WASD for movement (as per the norm) and the arrow keys to rotate shields. Anyway, I made a pretty big list of bugs and issues, this one was at the top of the list lol!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=66496

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjik View Post
i gave up trying to click on my targets, i tab target now. Much less anger issues for me now. none-the less, I would look into this cryptic, it is a little annoying.
I use a mixture of both, I did discover something useful though and thats double right clicking actually attacks with both torps and beams anything the cursor is hovering over.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Happens to me mostly during fleet battles and / or large fights.
Results in me getting *****.