Commander
# 111
05-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowqfah View Post
Epic time counting fail.

The announcement box on the launcher says 13th. Might want to qc that stuff as I was mid mission thinking the down time was tommorow.
i saw the exact same thing, a minute before they brought it down and i could not jump into the game.
Captain
# 112
05-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfoxyplush View Post
Fair enough but whats the point posting that when the Launcher ( That thing EVERYONE see's not the forums where a small percentage look ) is wrong?

I have to admit, I'm getting more and more annoyed by the crappy Main times ( It was down for approx 5 hours prime-time UK yesterday and again today )

Isn't this the "Big beta test" for Tribble too? So far I've barely gotten on to do my main dailies, let alone get on over to Tribble to sample the gawd aweful UI.
Considering the post-season 5 succes with information accuracy in the launcher, I am surprised that people even read what it says there anymore.

For me, Big red box in the launcher always reads : "Go read the forum announcement"...

I don't even read the text in the launcher anymore, since it's turned into a giant "Buy or random s... stuff" billboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0ligy View Post
I personally think its idiotic to do maintenance on the weekends when they know there are going to be more players on. As already pointed out in the UK has lost alot of play time and the only thing craptic have done so far is said "were sorry and we promise this wount keep happening" yet its happened more since.
Considering that it's test weekend, as well as Open Beta for Neverwinter, and the stability issues combined with the queues they HAD to do it now...

When you are having major issues keeping a server running, you need to take the rep-blow and fix it ASAP... Especially during test-weekends where you offer rewards.

I know this from experience gathered the hard way.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos

Last edited by anazonda; 05-12-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 113
05-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsharen View Post
And here you go: http://sto.perfectworld.com

So it's on the front page and it states: "We will be performing shard maintenance on May 13th from 6-7 AM Pacific (1300-1400 UTC)"

So it's the wrong date (the message or the maintenance).

But I got one question: Did someone get a heads-up message in advance? I didn't see anything on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 114
I was kicked out, mid mission. Had I known that you'd be doing this today, rather than tomorrow, I wouldn't have been as annoyed. After all, main page says: "We will be performing shard maintenance on May 13th from 6-7 AM Pacific (1300-1400 UTC)"

Oh well... an hour of thumb-twiddling is not going to kill me.... I hope.
Career Officer
# 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhawk2013 View Post
Seriously Cryptic. seprate the games, this is becoming a joke.
If one game is busted then every game has to be taken down because of the way you have the connected to eachother. Separate the bloody games.

5 maintanence in a week is excessive and I am absolutely 100% sure that this has to do with Neverworking.

Separate the games and let us have STO in peace of the bloody screwups in Neverworking.
Whilst I agree, this was planned from what I hear. Even though they only told the people on the forums. Not us common Joe's that rely on the launcher for these things. Maint tomorrow too by the looks, so down 3 - 4 times over the next 3 days ( Sat included in that )

Gotta love modern tech and it's keepers
Ensign
# 116
05-12-2013, 07:14 AM
I didn't see anything on Holodeck. Just abruptly disconnected in the middle of a mission.
Career Officer
# 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
QQ, QQ, QQ, QQ.

Don't make me get my recipe book out again, I'm being totally serial.
Get off the tread trollboy
Starfleet Veteran
# 118 Monday came early
I too read the red banner on the sign-in that said 13 May and said, "OK, I will remember that for tomorrow...." Logged into game to do one of the Rom story missions and was just about done when the server said, "You are done... NOW."

Oh well, it is 10:14 PM in Korea and time for me to go to bed for another work day.
Ensign
# 119
05-12-2013, 07:15 AM
yes I didtnt see anything about today
Career Officer
# 120
05-12-2013, 07:15 AM
No messages in STO or CO from what some people I was chatting with said.
Closed Thread