Lt. Commander
# 121
05-12-2013, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshal45pwe View Post
A
But I got one question: Did someone get a heads-up message in advance? I didn't see anything on Tribble.
No, no message just killing borg one minute and then the next booted from the server.
Pisses me off that they think its ok to **** about with the server when people are doing missions and waste tehre time.
Commander
# 122
05-12-2013, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renew1981 View Post
Sighs another big dissapointment apparently they dont even know wich day it is anymore
i guess from "working" so hard.. , lets hope that this solves the major problems and lets
hope they learn the difference between the 12th and 13th and to use the chat system to
give people a heads up.

Last week : One major dissapointment after another, there is only so much you can
throw at a gamer community before you cut yourselfs in the finger.
One has to wonder, if they can't even get the date right, how the !@#$% are they going to fix the problem they're dealing with and will the servers actually stay up after they are finished?

It is the minor details that irk us the most; not being warned it was going down, the date on the launch page being wrong.

Come on cryptic, focus!!!
Career Officer
# 123
05-12-2013, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshal45pwe View Post
And here you go: http://sto.perfectworld.com

So it's on the front page and it states: "We will be performing shard maintenance on May 13th from 6-7 AM Pacific (1300-1400 UTC)"

So it's the wrong date (the message or the maintenance).

But I got one question: Did someone get a heads-up message in advance? I didn't see anything on Tribble.
Not sure if they did it on holodeck, but on tribble, they can pretty much shut it down at will, with no warning... At least that is what they wrote in the description.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 124 Maintenance
05-12-2013, 06:16 AM
Well when i Loaded the game 8 1/2 hours ago there was no message. However a Console msg would work admins dont even have to type it just put it in a Cron Tab Easy.........
Starfleet Veteran
# 125 server down again
05-12-2013, 06:17 AM
I log in. it said MAINTENANCE for may 13 but why is the game offline now. Thanks CRYPTIC.
Career Officer
# 126
05-12-2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrodura View Post
I log in. it said MAINTENANCE for may 13 but why is the game offline now. Thanks CRYPTIC.
Dates are hard.
Career Officer
# 127
05-12-2013, 06:18 AM
Just started a new KDF on Tribble ..server crashed just as the ship in tutorial started blowing up.

I hope it isn't part of the quest

so ..down for 1 hour then?

Last edited by greydog2; 05-12-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Commander
# 128
05-12-2013, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradchristopher1 View Post
One has to wonder, if they can't even get the date right, how the !@#$% are they going to fix the problem they're dealing with and will the servers actually stay up after they are finished?

It is the minor details that irk us the most; not being warned it was going down, the date on the launch page being wrong.

Come on cryptic, focus!!!
At least over on the neverwinter twittersphere they apologized for the mishap;

"Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 4m
.@KinamKrindar Very sorry about the missing in-game warnings. We'll do our best to make sure they always show up for future maintenances."
Starfleet Veteran
# 129
05-12-2013, 06:20 AM
welcome to star trek offline
Ensign
# 130
05-12-2013, 06:21 AM
I hope the Season 7 Lag Feature will be removed, no one likes to use it anyhow

Since the the maintenance before this one my KDF char can read and respond to my FED and KDF fleet chat simultaneously. I wonder what little wonders this maintenance will bring.

Bran could you please check if your ISP has something against Portugal
Closed Thread