Commander
# 1 PVE Griefing
05-13-2013, 03:43 PM
I was playing a a ground PVE mission the other night and when it first started I hit the wrong key. Instead of using my frosted boots, I ended up activating my party popper. Within seconds there were nasty, vulgar language directed at me. That is totally unacceptable.

I have also seen people acting like they are in charge of the mission while using the public queque.

After seeing how people react to a video game, it actually makes me want to run around the ground PVE missions spreading balloons or blowing up Cubes early just because.

I don't AFK or freeload but I am getting really tired of people's nasty language.
Career Officer
# 2
05-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Ya, people snap at you way to quickly. I sometimes hit my fireworks during an intense firefight in space and that can result in some colorful remarks at me. I just don't see the point of getting upset if someone fires off a party popper or fireworks, if say they are still doing what they are suppose to.

I remember when this game first came out and everyone was still in open parties and I would be entering a patrol and someone else would come in, trigger all the mobs so it became impossible for a player under level 10 to complete and then split, I'll admit I cursed them out and then got a 24 hour ban.

I have a friend in game, who shall remain nameless, who gives his BOFFs the fire extinguisher or a party popper (I think he did it originally to save bank space), but rather than the BOFF doing something like revive you it would stand over you and blow smoke or bubbles (yes, he is trolling).
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
05-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Sheesh people. It's just a game. No mistake in this game is worth 'that' much derision. Sheesh. Ever even. Sheesh.
Captain
# 4
05-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Some people see a simple mistake and automatically lable the person either a troll or a noob.
Heck... even after they changed the Scimitar AI script where they cloak at will instead of when someone gets within 5km, people still yell at others about the "5k rule" which is now pointless.

People should learn that this is a game. Mistakes happen and things change. People who expect PERFECTION in every run... really need to loosen up.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose
And then I sneezed. And then I exploded.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
05-13-2013, 04:09 PM
you don't use a party popper outside of your fleet starbase or a ships bridge unless you want people to assume you are a griefer im afraid
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
05-13-2013, 04:19 PM
The people going off don't have a GPU that's powerful enough to properly show all the particles with great FPS... Their PC's might be slowing down as a result of the particles.

However, I never did that even when I had a GT 520 (good card, but not powerful enough for particles going off all the time like in a firefight in space or fireworks and such. The killer was the plasma vents).

i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
Career Officer
# 7
05-13-2013, 04:28 PM
That's why it's best to find a group of like minded people to play with, I refuse do to any type of pug in STO or Neverwinter....people for the most part suck.
Career Officer
# 8
05-13-2013, 04:31 PM
I have to wonder how serious someone is that uses 2 of their 4 slots to equip frosted boots and party poppers in an STF.
Career Officer
# 9
05-13-2013, 04:33 PM
With the boots and rolls, you can really get quickly through non-combat sections of the map. The party popper there is no excuse :p
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 10
05-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
I have to wonder how serious someone is that uses 2 of their 4 slots to equip frosted boots and party poppers in an STF.
This. Maybe people won't be so quick to snap at you if you fill these device slots with more useful items.

I sometimes carry my party stuff in my inventory for events and whatnot, but never have them equipped during a mission.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - FIX THE UI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Closed Thread