Lieutenant
Hi,

I have progressed all of the way to Vengeance and these Elachi aliens seem to reference a star trek TNG episode called "Schisms", correct me if im wrong, But there are things missing about these beings and i feel that it conflicts with another TNG episode "Allegiance" where aliens replace captain picard on the enterprise as an Experiment with a nausican,Bolian Ect?, but i hope you know which Ep's im talking about here?

In "Schisms", the aliens Abduct Crew members and take them to their natural universe in subspace, because they cant exist in ours and live. In that episode the Aliens remove arms and leg's, Turn blood into a liquid polymer Ect and to do this they must create a pocket of our universe in theirs so they can experiment as vice versa would kill them.

In Allegiance, picard is kidnaped by a race that thinks its superior and play's all kinds of experiments. In the end, Picard traps these aliens to give them a taste of captivity.

The Elachi hint at both Episodes from the TNG and i think if these Elachi are one of these Aliens it would be better to clarify the Story so we dont have the error made in "Undine Advance" Where the Geckli is referred in STO as Tinman and Galaxy's Child?

Also if the Elachi are the Beings from "Schisms" please make them make Clicking sounds? Also the Ambient light in Elachi missions is too Bright and they dont have hoods over their heads?

Anyway, Thought id help by bring this up for consideration and comment
Azurerail1
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
05-14-2013, 08:25 AM
There are some parallels with Schisms. Allegiance doesn't fit much, or at all really, almost certainly separate aliens.

The definite reference is the Enterprise episode Silent Enemy, however. Similar ship design, obviously the same aliens with similar technology and dress, same method of communication (playing your hail back to you with the words reordered), etc. Any inconsistencies with other aliens are easy enough to pass off, because the Elachi are definitely the Silent Enemy aliens, parallels to other aliens may be coincidental.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-14-2013, 10:27 AM
yep definitely ENT Silent Enemy

Last edited by drachenfeles; 05-14-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 4
05-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Next Time on STAR TREK The Next Generation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4BDCI872QI

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Survivor of Romulus
# 5
05-14-2013, 10:36 AM
yep. its silent enemy. and i like that nod towards ENTs better episodes, cause i think it had some great storylines here and here.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-14-2013, 10:44 AM
true, true it's a shame they did waste series with all this xindi nonsense
Republic Veteran
# 7
05-14-2013, 10:45 AM
They're both Silent enemy and Schisms Aliens rolled up into one.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Survivor of Romulus
# 8
05-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drachenfeles View Post
true, true it's a shame they did waste series with all this xindi nonsense
the xindi plot was okay, overall, i think - just the whole timetravel thing was waaaaaaay too long and waaaay too much.
Captain
# 9
05-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Yea... Xindi arc was meh. I was looking forward to the Earth-Romulan War, but show was canceled.

Really enjoyed seeing how the tech we all know and love was developed.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose
And then I sneezed. And then I exploded.
Rihannsu
# 10
05-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbock203 View Post
yep. its silent enemy. and i like that nod towards ENTs better episodes, cause i think it had some great storylines here and here.
Check out the Accolade titles that you get for shooting them repeatedly.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.