Ensign
# 1 PvP Best Space Set
05-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Hello. I am getting bored of doing only PvE so I was wondering, is there an optimal build set for doing PvP for FED? I am currently using borg deflector and engines and a maco resilient. Though of getting some elite fleet shields instead. Also I am having an all-antiproton build with 1 fore quantum torpedo.
Thanks for any advice
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-23-2013, 01:09 AM
Borg deflector and engines + MACO resilient shields is a good defensive setup. (It's the one I'm currently using on my Oddy healboat.)

The 2-piece Borg set is reasonably effective by itself. Good structural integrity boost from the deflector, along with occasionally-useful boosts to power insulators and inertial dampeners; the engine itself performs reasonably well at low power settings, so you don't have to sink too much power into the engines subsystem. Together they provide one of the strongest hull healing procs in the game, which is what you'll actually be relying upon most of the time.

The MACO shield is a fairly good shield; not only does it provide a power boost when you're being fired upon, but it has a base 10% resist to all damage types. (Compare to elite fleet shields, which adapt and give up to 20% resist to damage types [not including the bonus from ResA/ResB], but the initial shots against your shields don't benefit from those resists.)

Other deflector/engine/shield setups might be better for a more generalized offensive role, or to boost specific abilities, but it's a little hard to say what would work for you without knowing what the rest of your ship is set up like and what you're trying to achieve.
Resist viewer! See shield/hull resists! Read about it here!
Captain
# 3
05-23-2013, 03:18 AM
I always recommend Borg Engines/Deflector + MACO or Fleet Resilient shields.

It's an excellent all around combo and the one I always use. Only reason to run anything else is because you're doing something specialized (ie: Omega for Tet Glider).
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?