Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
# 11
05-17-2013, 02:47 PM
...It's not really battlecruiser if the only thing it has in common with battlecruisers is the general shape and ability to use dual cannons...
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
05-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
...It's not really battlecruiser if the only thing it has in common with battlecruisers is the general shape and ability to use dual cannons...
Yeah, I mentioned that in some of my replies before in this thread. Basically it is a science ship, the battlecruiser part is not because of the DHC, it's in the name only because it would be basically the old D5 battlecruiser refited for use as a science ship in the modern era.
Empire Veteran
# 13
05-17-2013, 04:00 PM
I think it's a solid build and really hope Cryptic adapts it for game use, even if they throw it into a ship bundle like the Vesta, perhaps a science version as described by the OP, a battlecruiser version and a tactical version. All vastly different, basically make it into what the Bortas'qu should have been. Weaker but more maneuverable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
05-21-2013, 10:41 AM
In the absence of science ship, I have been using the Krenn Temporal Destroyer in that role on my Gorn Science Officer. Visually the ship strikes me as a melding of Gorn and KDF technology, the time ships look like Dragon Heads to me.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-08-2013, 04:57 AM
I like this idea as well. Admittedly most of my Science concepts on the KDF side have gone to the Carrier builds. I do have a commited Varanus character, but it would like to see more options. I must admit I think the Temporal Vessel is really nice for the Klingon side, and at times I regret giving it to my Fed scientist, for the simple fact that Klingons certainly don't have the same science focus in their equipment in general.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
07-19-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedodgehopper View Post
I like this idea as well. Admittedly most of my Science concepts on the KDF side have gone to the Carrier builds. I do have a commited Varanus character, but it would like to see more options. I must admit I think the Temporal Vessel is really nice for the Klingon side, and at times I regret giving it to my Fed scientist, for the simple fact that Klingons certainly don't have the same science focus in their equipment in general.
The Temporal Science Vessel is pretty much the sci.ship to go on the KDF side, if you're into pure science vessels and not into carriers. It's also very cool looking, at least to me. The other choice is the Varanus, which needs to be upgraded to the fleet Version if you want to be somewhat competitive in a Varanus. It is also the only KDF science ship availible from the C-Store.
That's why I was playing around this idea because the science class in the KDF desperately needs attention.
Career Officer
# 17
08-20-2013, 06:52 PM
i want a d5 battlecruiser badly. it's my fav klingon ship ever and i would pay any price for it. the devs really need to consider this. and for the love of god it needs to be t5 or who's going to buy it?
Captain
# 18
10-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Heck, I like it. The ship design itself is pretty cool to start with, and the specifications would allow the devs to provide a couple more options for the Science niche in the KDF. Maybe Aux Disruptors?
I know, it was the first day, but I just couldn't help myself...

Oh, and the image is from Non Sequitur. Get it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
I do not like Geko ether.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinruneblade View Post
So I know exactly why we're not being asked to pay to hear the voices.
Lieutenant
# 19
10-18-2013, 12:00 AM
I like the idea, one suggestion though. As the klingons don't really build "science" ships (by name anyway) Call it a D5 Long Range Reconnisanse Battlecruiser.

It still DOES the 'science' job, but the name reflects a more 'traditional' klingon stgereotype.
Lieutenant
# 20 D5 Science Ship sounds great
10-21-2013, 03:35 AM
Ran into a player today he was really upset.
Bottom line he tells me he would like a Science War Cruiser.
That has extra tac Bo slots and does DPS so it is a War Cruiser and does not just fly support.

A D5 as mentioned in the previous posts sounds like fun. But let's give the science guys some kind of WarShip they can get for free on the KDF side.

Plus the KDF ships are pretty stale right now. We need some sort of enhancements to keep up with the Rommies and Feds.

Myself I prefer to fly Bops and the Veteran Klink ship anyway as a Tac or Enige. But that is just me.

We could make the KDF Sci ships more fearsome in general. They are lacking in this department. And we could use one or more KDF ships in General.

A Battle Cloak might even things up on the D5 as well. And give the Sci ships +10 or +15 weapons power and make them something to fear.