Lt. Commander
# 1 Classic Interior Design
05-13-2013, 10:13 AM
I posted this elsewhere, but, this seems like the correct board for this. I just saw the interiors based on TOS and they look terrific! How about more classic interiors? I'm sure Romulan players would love to walk around the "Balance of Terror" ship. For my refit-style Constitution, I would love to have interior options based on the movie Enterprises from The Motion Picture through The Undiscovered Country. The movie Excelsior Bridge would be wonderful, too, it's actually my favorite from the franchise.
Survivor of Remus
# 2
05-13-2013, 09:07 PM
I really think the devs and the rest of the Cryptic team underestimate just how many of us nerdy fanboys and fangirls are willing (and HAPPY) to part with our money if STO offered more ship interiors that are as well done as the TOS Constitution interiors and the Belfast/Defiant interiors.

Many of us like to walk the corridors and rooms of our favorite ships from the Trek TV shows and movies. We aren't as excited about the non-canon, original interiors that Cryptic came up with because those aren't the interiors of the ships from our favorite shows and in many cases the scale of the Cryptic-designed interiors is way off (like ceilings that are 30-feet high).

Cryptic and PWE: Give us well-made (accurate) interiors from Trek TV episodes and feature films and we'll pay just about whatever you ask.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-13-2013, 09:18 PM
They need to do the following things first IMO:

Galaxy class interior pack, comes with TNG phasers too

Classic Klingon BoP Interior pack, Search for Spock esque old school Klingon interior, properly sized...comes with the disruptors with detachable stocks and Klingon costumes/haircuts

And then to unique bridges for existing C-store ships like the Vesta, Excelsior, Ambassador, and others.
http://grimdarkfuture.com/images/IRF_SIGS/morgomir_Sig.png
Career Officer
# 4
05-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pweistheworst View Post
I really think the devs and the rest of the Cryptic team underestimate just how many of us nerdy fanboys and fangirls are willing (and HAPPY) to part with our money if STO offered more ship interiors that are as well done as the TOS Constitution interiors and the Belfast/Defiant interiors.
I wholeheartedly agree!

More like these please. I think the TOS interior is the best in the game.

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Career Officer
# 5
05-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish1701 View Post
I wholeheartedly agree!

More like these please. I think the TOS interior is the best in the game.
Agreed. Although in fairness I haven't purchased the Defiant bridge. That looks pretty nice too and more in keeping with traditional Trek bridges.

I am surprised actually as well that there are not more traditional bridges available. There are so many things that could be done and sold that I cant see how Cryptic wouldn't make money on it. I certainly would buy a classic bridge style. I prefer them personally.

EDIT: Bought the Belfast bridge tonight. Although i think the TOS bridge is nicer, the rest of the Belfast package is quite nice.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)

Last edited by bugspatteredjack; 05-14-2013 at 04:12 PM.