Captain
# 11
05-13-2013, 11:42 AM
While this is a welcomed new feature, I think the dilithium prices are a little too outlandish. 30,250 dilithium for one MK X warp core upgrade? Seriously?

Will there be a dilithium boost to the game's rewards, or will this be another all out grindfest?

I hope there is a typo in the screenshot.

Since the warp cores will require heavy grinding, I will not bother trying out the Romulan faction. I will focus my efforts on upgrading my Fed avatars. I do not want to be stretched too thin.

Last edited by linyive; 05-13-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Captain
# 12
05-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Giving the warp cores an activation ability makes singularity cores seem a little less individualistic then they were before, but whatever. Maybe a buff is in order for singularity cores power levels, since these will just widen the power differences?

The next and perhaps last unique addition should be computer cores.
The Somraw, K'tinga, D'Kyr, D7, Kumari, and T'Varo are all older than the Constitution Refit and yet they are tier 5. The rule needs to change.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Are mission and mission replay rewards going to be tweaked before launch to add warp core options?
Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Sky Road
Republic Veteran
# 14
05-13-2013, 12:03 PM
NOW HEAR THIS!!!!....Ludicrous speed go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Odyssey has gone into plaid

Last edited by neoakiraii; 05-13-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Career Officer
# 15
05-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
While this is a welcomed new feature, I think the dilithium prices are a little too outlandish. 30,250 dilithium for one MK X warp core upgrade? Seriously?

Will there be a dilithium boost to the game's rewards, or will this be another all out grindfest?

I hope there is a typo in the screenshot.

Since the warp cores will require heavy grinding, I will not bother trying out the Romulan faction. I will focus my efforts on upgrading my Fed avatars. I do not want to be stretched too thin.
I wish they would increase the daily amount you can refine. 8,000 is pretty easy but very little when the highest end stuff cost 45,000+ dilithium
Captain
# 16
05-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidstorm View Post
Giving the warp cores an activation ability makes singularity cores seem a little less individualistic then they were before, but whatever. Maybe a buff is in order for singularity cores power levels, since these will just widen the power differences?
The "ability" M/AM cores get is a built in battery-like boost to one subsystem. And I think you're forgetting that singularity cores already have a built in power boost to those who don't make use of singularity powers.

Completely unrelated note: hell yes for fleet (and eventually set) cores.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
05-13-2013, 12:29 PM
For me the warp cores are the most exciting thing comming LoR. I can't express enough how happy I am for finally having this new addition to STO!

And as others mentioned it, I'd love it if it's possible to craft some warp cores. I don't care how much resources they'd require, I'd just want to have the possibility of doing that.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 18
05-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
And as others mentioned it, I'd love it if it's possible to craft some warp cores. I don't care how much resources they'd require, I'd just want to have the possibility of doing that.
It'll be the one thing you craft with dilithium that actually makes sense to cost dilithium to craft.
Captain
# 19
05-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Cool! More power boosting and resistance to subsystem disables and, by proxy, energy drains because that's really what STO needed.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
Captain
# 20
05-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
The "ability" M/AM cores get is a built in battery-like boost to one subsystem. And I think you're forgetting that singularity cores already have a built in power boost to those who don't make use of singularity powers.

Completely unrelated note: hell yes for fleet (and eventually set) cores.
Yeah, I can see the 8,000 dilithium cap being a problem.

During the past few weeks, I bought a good amount of zen. Since I do not have a lot of time for grinding, I ended up buying the dilithium I needed. I also took sometime to beta test "Legacy of Romulus". Cryptic did an amazing job. "Legacy of Romulus" looks outstanding. My only problem is self-inflicted burnout. If it was not for the fact that I pushed hard, during my first year on STO, the game's grinding mechanics would not feel so daunting.

grrr...