05-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Fleet cores
----
Captain
# 32
05-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
I've been wondering if it possible to replace a Singularity core with a standard warp core?

I'm not interested in the Singularity abilities, since I disapprove of Rage mechanics.

So, if I wanted to remove the Singularity ability completely, would it possible to use a standard warp core instead of a Singularity core?

Or are Romulan ships restricted to only using Singularity cores and are not permitted to equip standard warp cores?
simply dont load the buttons and/or never use them.

You may have the wrong idea about the singularities, They are mostly just BO skills that you get without having to have a BO trained in the skill with slight tweaks. IMO its simply boils down to free phototic shockwave, EPtW, photonic fleet and then a jump which one of the already existing console skills.
Career Officer
# 33
05-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
I've been wondering if it possible to replace a Singularity core with a standard warp core?

I'm not interested in the Singularity abilities, since I disapprove of Rage mechanics.

So, if I wanted to remove the Singularity ability completely, would it possible to use a standard warp core instead of a Singularity core?

Or are Romulan ships restricted to only using Singularity cores and are not permitted to equip standard warp cores?
I do believe you could continue to use your mk 0 core. No fun will happen. Don' t understand why you'd run a mk0 on an otherwise mkxii ship, though.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Captain
# 34
05-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush105 View Post
wow so there going to give out unique singularity cores for fed and kdf so i have to ask is there anything special or unique about playiing a romulan if cryptic gives fed and kdf romulan singularity abillitys then whats the pont of even playing a romulan i wanted to play a romulan so bad now im starting to wonder if they have anything that fed and kdf dont have i mean we give away our wepens and other things to kdf and fed the only thing we have is our cloaking advantage hey fans why dont u ask cryptic to give u that too break the treety and give u everything then romulans can all go to one planet and the kdf and fed can destroy that planet from orbit and romulans will be no more i thought romulans were going to be unique and diffrent from the other factions and i was cool with haveing an alliance but it seems that everything cool about romulans just got abzorbed in to fed and kdf plus we have a decrease to our base power how is there even balance anymore the new warp cores give fed and kdf more power then ever how can we even go up against therm we r so weak and underpowered now please any other romulan fans that think im right help suport me on this one or romulans will not have a chance to even fight back!
Where does it say Fed or KDF can use singularity cores?
Starfleet Veteran
# 35 Next question...
05-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Under this new engine/core concept, how will this be retroactively implemented on lockbox ships, C-store ships and Fleet ships (other than just slapping on a base-level version, which may be the only recourse)?

Of course, what kind will be made available thru mission rewards (either first time or replay)?
Survivor of Romulus
# 36
05-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush105 View Post
wow so there going to give out unique singularity cores for fed and kdf so i have to ask is there anything special or unique about playiing a romulan if cryptic gives fed and kdf romulan singularity abillitys then whats the pont of even playing a romulan i wanted to play a romulan so bad now im starting to wonder if they have anything that fed and kdf dont have i mean we give away our wepens and other things to kdf and fed the only thing we have is our cloaking advantage hey fans why dont u ask cryptic to give u that too break the treety and give u everything then romulans can all go to one planet and the kdf and fed can destroy that planet from orbit and romulans will be no more i thought romulans were going to be unique and diffrent from the other factions and i was cool with haveing an alliance but it seems that everything cool about romulans just got abzorbed in to fed and kdf plus we have a decrease to our base power how is there even balance anymore the new warp cores give fed and kdf more power then ever how can we even go up against therm we r so weak and underpowered now please any other romulan fans that think im right help suport me on this one or romulans will not have a chance to even fight back!
When you post a half wall of text, could you at least use some form of punctuation, and break it up a bit?
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
Empire Veteran
# 37
05-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Question:
If
the KHG set doesn't have a warp speed boost and
the MACO set has a warp speed boost and
The new warp mechanic will allow both ships to travel at the same speed does that mean that
The MACO gets a "nerf"?

Don't mind me. I ask because I always thought it was unfair that the feds get a warp speed boost and the KDF don't with their perspective sets.
Career Officer
# 38
05-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Question:
If
the KHG set doesn't have a warp speed boost and
the MACO set has a warp speed boost and
The new warp mechanic will allow both ships to travel at the same speed does that mean that
The MACO gets a "nerf"?

Don't mind me. I ask because I always thought it was unfair that the feds get a warp speed boost and the KDF don't with their perspective sets.
The way it worked on Tribble when I tested it a while ago is the warp speed from the Borg Engine an the MACO are independent of the Warp Core in use.

I could still fly around with no warp core if I had either of them equipped [for instance].

I did not have a warp core that provided the same base speed as either Borg or MACO engines though [at least I don't think I did], so I wasn't able to see how they would interact if the warp core provided a greater speed than the engine.

In any event, it wouldn't so much be a nerf as just an addition of another way to achieve that perk.
Captain
# 39
05-13-2013, 05:56 PM
So what does this mean for MACO/Adapted KHG, fleet and Borg engines that have a sector space speed boost and Omega that has a transwarp cooldown bonus?

I was under the impression, part of the reason for making warp cores was to shunt those bonuses off the engines so we don't need a seperate set of traveling gear.

On a side note, maybe the next lockbox ship or two should use a singularoty core (and unique singularity powers, not just copies of the rommulan stuff)
Captain
# 40
05-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
We decided to re-scale Warp Speed, bringing down the visual display of speed to honor the canonical speed limit of Warp 10, while increasing the speed at which players are actually moving. This means captains moving at Warp 10 will now reach their destinations more quickly than they could before.
You're STILL doing it wrong.

Warp 9.999 is the canonical Maximum Warp in the TNG era recalculated warp factor. Once you hit Warp 10...you turn into a lizard *cough cough* Tom Paris.

In normal warp travel, Warp 10 was the action of achieving infinite velocity, thereby occupying all points in space simultaneously.

Now between TNG proper and "All Good Things" it is possible another recalc was done on the warp travel matrix, however, that timeline never came to pass, therefore it's not canon, and neither DS9 nor VOY provided canonical proof of a recalc either.

Warp 9.999 is maximum warp. If you are going to fix it from being wrong at launch, at least fix it right!

The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey