Ensign
# 21 Subadmiral titles
05-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle54 View Post
... how about we make Subadmiral the Vice Admiral equivalent, to fit the Subcommander-Commander progression, and come up with something else for Rear Admiral ...
How about we rename the Subadmiral ranks to Polygon_side1_titlename and Polygon_side2_titlename.

Polygon_side1_titlename could contact us and give us our next mission.

That has a much better feel ...
Captain
# 22
05-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Overall nice patch though one thing still bugs me

When you have KDF allied rom you can only develop phasers in the R&D department i thought it would be disruptors since the rom is allied to the KDF not the federation.
Captain
# 23
05-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the Foundry fixes and npcs.
Rihannsu
# 24
05-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin View Post
Commander is equivalent to Captain, so Fleet Commander would be equivalent to Fleet Captain.
Not necessary.

The Vulcans Fleet Commanders answered DIRECTLY to the Vulcan High Command, Romulans also have a High Command so its not exactly hard to see its a almost a mirror of the Vulcan chain-of-command.

I know its either but considering Vulcan Ranks I would go with Fleet Commanders being equal to Fleet Admirals.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Rihannsu
# 25
05-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the talshir have army ranks of colonel and major, id like to see the tal npc having those ranks instead
Well we have Naval Colonels because of Marines ... they dont command ships now do they? They are still part of the Navy.

Not to say United States naval aviator ranks also have Majors and Colonels, they also dont get to command ships.

... well usually anyway.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 05-13-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 26
05-13-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridanton View Post
Anyone else missing their ship(s) on the character select screen since this (5/13) patch? Don't want to bug report it if it's just me.
I've added that to the Known Issues, since we know about that one.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 27
05-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Thanks for the Foundry fixes and npcs.
You're welcome!

The editor has been re-enabled with this patch, also.
Rihannsu
# 28
05-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Regression (post 13/05/2013 patch)

For Romulans, in the mission Devil's Choice:
Cannot complete mission due to the defeat of all incubators in Incubation Room 3 not being registered in mission journal.

ticket ID #41,020

Last edited by umaeko; 05-13-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
05-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
You're welcome!

The editor has been re-enabled with this patch, also.
I had a tough time getting into the Foundry. Had to create a test character since the old one got wiped and it kept getting hung up on "retrieving character data" or something like that. It would time out and boot me to login. I got in once finally and forgot about that bug where character creation will fail if you don't just go with the default options. So I had to try 3-4 more times before it finally got back in and worked.

But it's all good. I'm in now and testing.

Edit: spoke too soon, got disconnected when trying to create a new mission
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!

Last edited by drogyn1701; 05-13-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Rihannsu
# 30
05-13-2013, 06:49 PM
ticket ID #41,021

Allied bridge officers cannot be used to train.

This means that if a Federation-allied Romulan obtains a Federation Boff, he can commission it and have it join his crew, but he cannot use it to teach his existing bridge officers a power such as Beam Overload 3.

Considering that opportunities to obtain good romulan/reman bridge officers are few and far between, adressing this before launch would be ideal.