Captain
# 81
05-14-2013, 04:56 AM
Why would republic ones follow any previous ranking style?

Its a new state, so they could just use any rank system they could wish.

They could rename Uhlans as Legionaries or any roman sounding word, and they would be perfectly fine with it because they are not the Star Empire.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Ensign
# 82
05-14-2013, 05:01 AM
Question: How come the officer vendor on New Romulus Command only sells Fed alligned boffs and no KDF alligned boffs? Well it does sell them too, but only c-store versions, while the Fed ones are dil bought versions.
Career Officer
# 83
05-14-2013, 06:17 AM
i never got around to posting that issue in my report the other day on bug forum about the fed aligned only officers, i could travel to qo'nos to get a common klingon to replace the alien gen kdf officer which i believe is not a good choice for cryptic, if it is to imply that there would have to be a representative of a side.

That rep would have to look and speak as an official member and not as some random alien with no influence as a lowly Bekk or crewman;
so if its kdf it would be completely male or female klingon. if its fed allied then completely human, male or female. as both races are the core members of each empire.

so in reality the officer vendor should be selling common kdf only races like fed only races.
hopefully there is a change for that by launch or before it even.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T5 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T5 ship.
Commander
# 84
05-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
TRIBBLE has been updated to a new build.
ST.30.20130513a.0

Foundry:
  • The Foundry editor has been re-enabled.
  • Changeling NPC Contacts now have more visual variety.
  • Added visual variety to Klingon TOS NPC Contacts.
  • Resolved the issue that prevented players from purchasing additional Foundry slots.
  • Players will no longer receive mission rewards while in preview mode.
  • The ground Away Team will no longer appear upon previewing Space maps.
  • Added new NPC Groups to the Foundry:
    • Elachi Ground
    • Elachi Space
    • Reman Rebellion Ground
    • Reman Rebellion Space
    • Romulan Republic Ground
    • Romulan Republic Space
  • Added Elachi and EV Tholian NPC Contacts.
  • Resolved an issue where all dialogs on a map would be copied to all objects during map duplication.
  • The waypoint for a Reach Marker Task is no longer larger than the actual in-game area of activation.

Ok, cool! I was hoping PWE/Cryptic would be adding the Elachi ships into the foundry! That will be PERFECT for the look of the enemy ships in my first and possibly ONLY major Foundry series (planned to be 40+ episodes long)! Can't wait for these foundry updates to hit the holodeck! BTW, why is it that, when playing as a Romulan, when you receive your shuttle (I am allied with the Federation), we are given a Klingon shuttle? shouldn't we receive a Federation shuttle?

Last edited by sampa4; 05-14-2013 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Just remembered to ask about this...
Career Officer
# 85
05-14-2013, 07:35 AM
I got a major bug for ya, on the char faces they turn form skin colour to black and even blue and purple and tend to flicker back and forth uncontrolabley and my Nvidia is up to date and running on DX11 and even DX9's doing it
CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
Lieutenant
# 86 Devils Choice- Faulty
05-14-2013, 07:41 AM
Hi,

Im up to devils choice, but cannot finish "Kill the Incubators". In this latest build it say's you fixed this issue, But its not.

Open door triggers that show cut Scenes do not allow progression into the next room and place me back where i was.

Bridge officers and some AI Elachi are confused and easily killed as they don't defend themselves.
Lieutenant
# 87
05-14-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelchenchuan View Post
Ok. Im going to try and be polite.

There are more VOs. I personally find the Tovan VOs super annoying. The writing isnt very "Romulan" to begin with but then the actor doing them makes it even less Romulan. He would be fine for say a Fed Character as would most of the writing.

I would like really like an option to simply turn VOs on or off since it detracts rather than enhances my user experience.

The best part about the level 20+ missions was that Tovan finally shut up.
I have to agree with this. An option to torn off voice overs only would be a very welcome option.
Ensign
# 88
05-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurerail1 View Post
Hi,

Im up to devils choice, but cannot finish "Kill the Incubators". In this latest build it say's you fixed this issue, But its not.

Open door triggers that show cut Scenes do not allow progression into the next room and place me back where i was.

Yeah that's an annoying one, basically some of them fall through the floor and vanish from the map. I had to beam out and restart 3 - 4 times before i managed it. Just don't use any skills or weapons that have knockbacks (disable those skills of your BOFF's) and you have a slightly better chance of managing it.

Also try to lure them away from walls and boxes and stuff like that. As if they clip through they generally vanish.
Career Officer
# 89
05-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Maybe it would have been better to not limit the Romulan missions during closed beta..... would have given the devs more time to process the feedback...
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Republic Veteran
# 90
05-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Ranks & Titles:
Praetor of the Romulan Star Empire
Proconsul
Vice-Proconsul
Field Primus
Admiral
Commander
Subcommander
High Centurion
Centurion

These are taken from cannon. i think something along these lines wouldn't be bad either.