Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptic Help Me
01-17-2010, 06:33 AM
Hello i pre orderd the game from steam last week and when i am trying to connect it failed
and says:"trying to update the launcher. please be patient.Tried connecting 1 time.

some of my friend told me that the problem is from my ISP and i spook with them and they told me that they need the IP of the server to find the problem and fix it.
so please give me the ip addres its for my ISP. i cant play the beta and really want to.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2010, 06:37 AM
Before you go blaming the ISP or cryptic, make sure you have your firewall either deactivated or you have allowed the launcher full access to the net.
Also, the message you get can go to "tried 3 times". Depending if the server is overloaded or not. Just let it try for a few minutes .
I believe the launcher runs on the same ports as IE or Firefox, so you shouldnt really have a problem unless you are blocking it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Before you go blaming the ISP or cryptic, make sure you have your firewall either deactivated or you have allowed the launcher full access to the net.
Also, the message you get can go to "tried 3 times". Depending if the server is overloaded or not. Just let it try for a few minutes .
I believe the launcher runs on the same ports as IE or Firefox, so you shouldnt really have a problem unless you are blocking it.
I checked the Firewall and the antivirus nothin blocked it just dont work

can you give me the ip i give him to the ISP and they check it and tell me whats the problem!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smahot
I checked the Firewall and the antivirus nothin blocked it just dont work

can you give me the ip i give him to the ISP and they check it and tell me whats the problem!!!
Did you disable both of them? I can give you the launcher IP, but not the server IP
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-17-2010, 08:35 AM
yes i try to turn them both , can you give me the launcher up>? my ISP asked for it to check this and fix this
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smahot
Hello i pre orderd the game from steam last week and when i am trying to connect it failed
and says:"trying to update the launcher. please be patient.Tried connecting 1 time.

some of my friend told me that the problem is from my ISP and i spook with them and they told me that they need the IP of the server to find the problem and fix it.
so please give me the ip addres its for my ISP. i cant play the beta and really want to.
Have you read any of the failed to log in posts on the forums a lot of people have had the same sort of problem and you may want to try to find a solution there. I believe Cryptic are working on it at the moment. But a lot of people can't get on at the moment due to High server loads anyway. This game is more popular than Cryptic expected. Maybe that's what is causing the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-17-2010, 08:48 AM
You can easily find the IP of the server by pinging it (ping patchserver.crypticstudios.com).

I sent an email to the support email address of 012, saying I am having trouble connecting to the MMO game Star Trek Online.
And they said they fixed it for me.
They did not require any IP.

And just to point out, it IS an ISP problem. Had it as well (same ISP), and know others with the same ISP who also had it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpek View Post
You can easily find the IP of the server by pinging it (ping patchserver.crypticstudios.com).

I sent an email to the support email address of 012, saying I am having trouble connecting to the MMO game Star Trek Online.
And they said they fixed it for me.
They did not require any IP.

And just to point out, it IS an ISP problem. Had it as well (same ISP), and know others with the same ISP who also had it.
i called 012 they said they want the ip idk but i need the ip so they can fix me..

can you show me the mail you send them?

and the other one can you give me the ip

thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Tell your ISP to stop being stupid and ping the patchserver as stated above. Seriously, it sounds like theyre a bunch of amateurs.

208.95.184.132:7255 is what i have as the launcher/patch server IP.

You could have gotten it faster than waiting for me to post though if you had bothered to follow the previous posters instructions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-17-2010, 10:14 AM
well they are checking this right now they will give me answer in the next 24-48 next hours.

in this time someone have other soloution