Lt. Commander
# 51
05-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstewart55 View Post
So how do you get gear if you can't do STFs ...?
You can get Omega rep from Defera. I'm not saying it's a time-effective way, but it's there if you wanted it.
"But in-game I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason you were brought into the forums, that by knowing me here for a little, you might know me better there."
Lt. Commander
# 52
05-15-2013, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrowcanary View Post
You can get Omega rep from Defera. I'm not saying it's a time-effective way, but it's there if you wanted it.
Sure, just do a thousand Automated Aggressions and you're golden.
Survivor of Romulus
# 53
05-15-2013, 02:33 AM
In some ways I like the idea, because it keeps the inexperienced players out. However, the rage is strong in this thread... so perhaps not .

Would people be more up to the idea of needing to unlock an accolade or something to be able to enter ESTFs? Say do the STF on normal for up to 10 times before unlocking the Elite. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doing that many STFs would get you marks for a MkX MACO/HG set correct? Perhaps make it account bound so once you've learnt the ropes so to speak on that character you can go right in on future toons. Like you said, it's the knowledge more than gear that is the deciding factor here.

Still won't stop the players with IQ lower than my cats getting in and trolling your PUG, but that's another issue.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Career Officer
# 54
05-15-2013, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
if you aren't good enough to do an elite with white mk X you belong on normals

however how about blocking anyone who has full maco from ground stfs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Space, because as long as we're enforcing silly elitist crock we might as well go full crazy about it.
Full MACO Space set, is a bad thing? The 3 piece bonus power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagrom7 View Post
May I remind you that almost a year ago my fleet sent in a team of 5 tier 1 ships into ISE and we won. If mirandas can beat ESTFs, than a tier 5 ship without purples can. If you struggle to beat STFs without purples, you're doing something horribly wrong (not including 'skill level' of most pugs).
Let's not forget you didn't get the Optional ^-^. And CSE and KASE were still impossible (CSN and KASN were a different story). Speaking of non-optional ISNs... remember using shuttles? ^-^. Or did you guys manage to complete an ISE with shuttles?

-----

Well I think warpet is full now, 6+ pages lol. The gearscore idea is no doubt from Neverwinter. In STO, where the difference between a white mk 10 and a purple mk 12 is quite minimal, in NW, it matters more since gear is from level 1 to 60, and a lot of players hit level 60 in a few minutes (or at most, a few hours.) Imagine if you could go from 6 to 50 in a single Mirror Incursion.

So you see a lot of people doing things like LFM CNT2 gs min 9k or something similar. You can also inspect one another's actual gear to verify (and some do...)

For STO's STFs, it'd be more appropriate to gate nSTFs to T3+ ships with Mk 8+ gear and perhaps T4+ with Mk 10+ gear for eSTFs. And it still wouldn't make much difference at all. How do you gate that guy hiding in the corner, needing on items?
Lt. Commander
# 55
05-15-2013, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufpterrell View Post
Would people be more up to the idea of needing to unlock an accolade or something to be able to enter ESTFs? Say do the STF on normal for up to 10 times before unlocking the Elite. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doing that many STFs would get you marks for a MkX MACO/HG set correct? Perhaps make it account bound so once you've learnt the ropes so to speak on that character you can go right in on future toons. Like you said, it's the knowledge more than gear that is the deciding factor here.

Still won't stop the players with IQ lower than my cats getting in and trolling your PUG, but that's another issue.
Save that - speaking for the Space STFs, since I am an utter ground noob - the skill difference required between CSN and CSE, and between KASN and KASE, is huge. (ISE is a faceroll even with most pickups.) CSE, especially, is a whole different beast from CSN in ease. Freaking Negh'vars.

I'm all for the accolade idea, since it will at least get people familiar with the maps. But not sure it'll guarantee ability.
Starfleet Veteran
# 56
05-15-2013, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphe View Post
Full MACO Space set, is a bad thing? The 3 piece bonus power
No, it's not a bad thing at all. Neither is the ground set, which is the one Sollvax wanted banned from ground STFs. My suggestion was that we ban people from ground STFs only based on their space equipment, because:

Quote:
as long as we're enforcing silly elitist crock we might as well go full crazy about it.
It's just not worth doing something stupid on purpose unless it's comically stupid.
Captain
# 57
05-15-2013, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphe View Post
Full MACO Space set, is a bad thing? The 3 piece bonus power?

Let's not forget you didn't get the Optional ^-^. And CSE and KASE were still impossible (CSN and KASN were a different story). Speaking of non-optional ISNs... remember using shuttles? ^-^. Or did you guys manage to complete an ISE with shuttles?

-----

Well I think warpet is full now, 6+ pages lol. The gearscore idea is no doubt from Neverwinter. In STO, where the difference between a white mk 10 and a purple mk 12 is quite minimal, in NW, it matters more since gear is from level 1 to 60, and a lot of players hit level 60 in a few minutes (or at most, a few hours.) Imagine if you could go from 6 to 50 in a single Mirror Incursion.

So you see a lot of people doing things like LFM CNT2 gs min 9k or something similar. You can also inspect one another's actual gear to verify (and some do...)

For STO's STFs, it'd be more appropriate to gate nSTFs to T3+ ships with Mk 8+ gear and perhaps T4+ with Mk 10+ gear for eSTFs. And it still wouldn't make much difference at all. How do you gate that guy hiding in the corner, needing on items?
No but the point is that the equipment doesn't matter, its the captain. And yes shuttles did come to mind but by the time we wanted to they stopped shuttles from being allowed in.

Harden up Princess
Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
www.ausmonauts.com
Starfleet Veteran
# 58
05-15-2013, 07:04 AM
I fully agree with this. If you do not have a full MK XII purple set of everything you should not be allowed into STFS of any kind. They are called ELITE STF's after all.... for the ELITE.
NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
Commander
# 59
05-15-2013, 07:15 AM
My fleet did ISE and KASE in shuttles a while back. Granted, mainly P2W shuttles, and it took freaking forever and missed the optionals, but still. Gear restricted eSTFs is ludicrous, end of story.

edited for speeling.
Career Officer
# 60
05-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by empireofsteve View Post
I fully agree with this. If you do not have a full MK XII purple set of everything you should not be allowed into STFS of any kind. They are called ELITE STF's after all.... for the ELITE.
Why?

You clearly don't need purple Mk XII gear or uber ships to get through an ESTF - you need experience, both of the mission and of your own skills. As was proved by the guys that went toe-to-toe with ESTF Borg in Mirandas.

Elite is defined by skill when it comes to STFs, not material wealth.

Rather than banning people from STF, maybe what this place needs is a PvE bootcamp so instead of people being whiny over the fact that some players aren't as experienced as they are, they can actually put that experience to good use.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.