Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,905
# 1 B'rel cloaking bug
05-14-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't know if its just me or not but on Holodeck I decided I'd test out my money shot romulan rep gear mode on it and I began to notice that 50% of the time it would actually fire torpedoes but it would never decloak to fire torpedoes.

I was like well this is a cool bug but then I started noticing even if I wasn't cloaked if I flew near npcs they wouldn't attack me at all. Also when I came near npcs that use tractor beams I didn't need to agro them they instantly would break my cloak and tractor me. I was like good god who is going to grind up to a tier 5 starbase for this piece of crap lol.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 347
# 2
05-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I don't know if its just me or not but on Holodeck I decided I'd test out my money shot romulan rep gear mode on it and I began to notice that 50% of the time it would actually fire torpedoes but it would never decloak to fire torpedoes.

I was like well this is a cool bug but then I started noticing even if I wasn't cloaked if I flew near npcs they wouldn't attack me at all. Also when I came near npcs that use tractor beams I didn't need to agro them they instantly would break my cloak and tractor me. I was like good god who is going to grind up to a tier 5 starbase for this piece of crap lol.
No cloak is perfect - you can be detected by NPCs. It depends on your stealth skill. And the NPCs not attacking you thing happens to more than just the brel -- most every ship i fly on rare occasion it takes them a second to figure out you are there.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,905
# 3
05-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberteksyfir View Post
No cloak is perfect - you can be detected by NPCs. It depends on your stealth skill. And the NPCs not attacking you thing happens to more than just the brel -- most every ship i fly on rare occasion it takes them a second to figure out you are there.
In all aspects of this ship and the EBC its suppossed to decloak for 3 seconds and it does not and the ships in question fireing tractor beams at 5km from me with me fully cloaked with the EBC with my vast understanding of stealth values there isn't any way those ships could see me but the ships that do not have the tractor or other decloaking powers i can sit 0.00 km from them and they never see me.

Edit: however it does make me wonder because there is no statement from cryptic that the romulan t'varo has any kind of decloaking window and if that is the case it might just be a bug resulting from that or the setup i have being its 2 parts reman and the maco shield/adapted khg shield.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 05-15-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,905
# 4 Update
05-16-2013, 05:50 AM
I have narrowed this bug down it seems to no longer be bugged if you don't use any of the romulan or reman deflector/engines/shield gear.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 5
05-16-2013, 06:44 AM
Its not a bug. Its your stealth stat.

Even with 9 points in stealth the NPCs will still have a chance to detect you at close range. Not many do.. I only notice elite tac cubes and gates (and borg queen) doing it.

Equip one blue mk11 stealth console and that problem goes away.

However, the question is, unless you are dropping mines, why the heck are you getting so close when flying a torpedo boat? You should be firing from beyond 7km all the time if possible.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,905
# 6
05-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Its not a bug. Its your stealth stat.

Even with 9 points in stealth the NPCs will still have a chance to detect you at close range. Not many do.. I only notice elite tac cubes and gates (and borg queen) doing it.

Equip one blue mk11 stealth console and that problem goes away.

However, the question is, unless you are dropping mines, why the heck are you getting so close when flying a torpedo boat? You should be firing from beyond 7km all the time if possible.
Edit: Yeah its a bug... and no its not the stealth value in question.

You usually need to get 1 km - 2 km in that ball park to be seen and then then auxiliary plays a major factor too so you are wrong on both counts.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 05-16-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 677
# 7
05-16-2013, 06:57 AM
There is in fact a bug with the brel cloak. Several times the cloak seemed to have disengaged, and it sounds like its disengaging on its own. Then when i try to decloak i cannot because it thinks im already decloaked yet i am not. Doesnt happen often but it does happen.


Solution is to keep spamming my cloak button to 'reset' the state, which will result in actually decloaking me anyway, really annoying.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,905
# 8
05-16-2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
There is in fact a bug with the brel cloak. Several times the cloak seemed to have disengaged, and it sounds like its disengaging on its own. Then when i try to decloak i cannot because it thinks im already decloaked yet i am not. Doesnt happen often but it does happen.


Solution is to keep spamming my cloak button to 'reset' the state, which will result in actually decloaking me anyway, really annoying.
The bugs I was referring to it was virtually the same thing except when i removed the romulan rep gear (which was only using 2 pieces for the faster/defense on plasma torps) and switched to stf the problem went away but just decided not to use the romulan torp anymore and go with photons or quantums.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 677
# 9
05-16-2013, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
The bugs I was referring to it was virtually the same thing except when i removed the romulan rep gear (which was only using 2 pieces for the faster/defense on plasma torps) and switched to stf the problem went away but just decided not to use the romulan torp anymore and go with photons or quantums.
I'm using two piece KHG though, not sure if its specifically related to romulan gear then.

In any case, with the upcoming romulans you would expect them to solve this minor issues tbh...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 PM.