Republic Veteran
# 21
05-16-2013, 07:06 AM
I think it's pretty clear that the Elachi are the aliens from the Star Trek Enterprise episode "Silent Enemy"

For one they look identical, secondly their ships are identical. Thirdly and most importantly on the Legacy of Romulus website, on the second page of the "New Features" tab, Perfect World themselves refer to them as "The Silent Enemy.

Pretty dam conclusive evidence.

Whether their story team pulled ideas from other episodes and combined them with the "Silent Enemy", which we know almost nothing about from canon episodes, or created their intensions from scratch is something only they can tell us.
Career Officer
# 22
05-16-2013, 08:38 AM
their intentions are from scratch from the looks of it, STO was built on a novel they made and on the destruction of romulus during the hobus incident, where as abramscrapverse went into the past on an alternative reality, life goes on in the prime universe. in the end it is all non canon this entire game and as such the intentions of these elachi as cryptic call them.

because the elachi had no real motivations during the few seconds they were observed on the ENT by archer, it would be easy to design and build an intention on these aliens. i mean they may have simply been curious about the ENT and its crew rather then outright hostile contact and not all motivations can be understood by a human.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Republic Veteran
# 23
05-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Curious? A race of aliens known to kidnap entire ships and turn them into FARMS for nourishment attacking your vessel and boarding it is more than enough justification to shoot back.
www.9thfleet.com
Captain
# 24
05-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedus2 View Post
I think it's pretty clear that the Elachi are the aliens from the Star Trek Enterprise episode "Silent Enemy"

For one they look identical, secondly their ships are identical. Thirdly and most importantly on the Legacy of Romulus website, on the second page of the "New Features" tab, Perfect World themselves refer to them as "The Silent Enemy.

Pretty dam conclusive evidence.

Whether their story team pulled ideas from other episodes and combined them with the "Silent Enemy", which we know almost nothing about from canon episodes, or created their intensions from scratch is something only they can tell us.
Yeah. The Elachi are the silent enemy. It is listed on the "shroomie" aliens page that their non canon name is elachi.

By the way, the Elachi are a really evil, ugly, scary and intimdating villains. I laughed at the borg when I first saw them on tv, they were like the Terminator and Darth Vader's lame cousin.

But the elachi? They are properly wierd, freaky evil aliens. They are the menace the borg can never be, no matter how powerful you make them.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Rihannsu
# 25
05-16-2013, 09:57 PM
One thing to remember about Schisms is that the Solanagen aliens would physically disintegrate in normal space. So yeah, they can't be the same race. maybe an ally though...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
# 26
05-17-2013, 01:09 AM
Omg yea i just rewatched Silent Enemy and yes, they are the Elachi. kind gald now cuase i was kinda upset how STO just pulled them out of nowhere or maybe subspace, but now that I see they were canon Im good.

Side note this is also the first time we see how Beam Overload come about
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-17-2013, 01:34 AM
You want a real shocker? Check out this page on TV Tropes, under "Other Characters":

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...StarTrekOnline

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER!!!
Ensign
# 28
05-31-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorodal View Post
You want a real shocker? Check out this page on TV Tropes, under "Other Characters":

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...StarTrekOnline

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER!!!
Being as TvTropes is like wikipedia but not as strictly monitored I have an issue with that entry. I am going to take it with a HUGE grain of salt.
Captain
# 29
06-28-2013, 08:56 PM
So ... if the Elachi are intended to be the same aliens from "Schisms", why do they look nothing like them? Is one a subspecies of the other? Why is there no explanation?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured ... the first thought forbidden ... the first freedom denied ... chains us all irrevocably."