Rihannsu
# 31
05-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
Enhanced Maneuvering Systems (D'deridex)
+2 Turn Rate
+10 Engine Power
Hmmm.... So basically turning the snailboat 5.5 turn into something a little more acceptable at 7.5. Huh. Plus another .2 or so from the +10 in Eng Pwr. Ok, ok. That's nice.

However, what I don't like about it is that the other ship sets provide tactically useful offense and defense. They actually seem like buffs. Whereas the D's set seems like it's only devoted to making up for a weakness in the vehicle itself. Maybe you could add a 10% Evasive Maneuvers cooldown time reduction, or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsmith View Post
Does each console have to be used on the respective ship it was purchased on or can someone buy the D'derix ships and use those consoles on another warbird?
If I read the blog correctly:

Quote:
Players who obtain both the Refit and Retrofit versions of a Romulan ship from the C-Store or Legacy Pack will have two consoles that can be used on either vessel ? they can also be transferred to the fleet version of the class, as well, if you own it...
The consoles only fit on their like ship. So, no, the D'deridex consoles could not be used on a Mogai variant or vice versa.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
05-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Here are the current set bonus values.

Enhanced Projectile Efficiency Set (T'varo)
+10% Projectiles Damage
25% Cooldown Reduction for Projectiles
Does this set also reduce the cooldown for the MegaOMIGERD torpedo this ship has as well...?

If so, you just switched which endgame ship I'ma getting...

Edit: I really should finish reading the thread before asking a question...
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (That can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.

Last edited by jonathanlonehawk; 05-14-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 33
05-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanlonehawk View Post
Does this set also reduce the cooldown for the MegaOMIGERD torpedo this ship has as well...?

If so, you just switched which endgame ship I'ma getting...
Asked and answered - yes

4x MkXII VR Ambiplasma (120) + two-console mod (10) + KHG set bonus (25) + Rule 62 console (12) + AP Alpha III (30) + AP Omega III (25) = BOOM

* Warning, do not fire at point blank range. Always wear eye protection.
So, I am sitting alongside a Caitian Atrox Carrier at Earth Spacedock, and I think to myself "Man, that ship has a lot of windows".

Then it occurs to me that it makes a lot of sense, because cats love to sit in windows.
Career Officer
# 34
05-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
* Warning, do not fire at point blank range. Always wear eye protection.
LMAO, this is going to be so much fun!

In my own defense, I hope the Auto-Defense Turret gets changed to a universal console soon.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Captain
# 35
05-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Here are the current set bonus values.

Enhanced Projectile Efficiency Set (T'varo)
+10% Projectiles Damage
25% Cooldown Reduction for Projectiles

Enhanced Defensive Systems Set (Dhelan)
Increases Defense by up to 10 based on flight speed
+5 to Shield Power

Enhanced Weapon Systems Efficiency (Mogai)
25% Resistance to Weapon Power Drain (including from weapon fire)
+5 Weapon Power

Enhanced Maneuvering Systems (D'deridex)
+2 Turn Rate
+10 Engine Power

Note that these are all potentially subject to change at any time, etc. etc.
Thanks for that.

+2 Turn rate for the Big D is actually quite a major buff. Might be worth bying the D'Ridthau to complete the set.

Any resistance to wep power drain is welcome on a ship like the Mogai, as well as any additional wep power.

The Defense buff would be probably very prized among PvPers. From a PvE standpoint, the Dhelan seet bonus looks the weakest.

And lastly, projectile damage buff and 25% CD reduction for them seems very powerful, especially considering one of the consoles is a torp and the T'Varo is very well suited for a torp boat use (enhanced battle cloak). On the other hand, it's useless if you don't care about torps.

Overall, very nice buffs useful for most people flying the ships, except for the T'Varo set bonus. That one's only useful to part of its potential users, but would benefit them seemingly far more (also depends on how the CD reduction interacts with torp doffs).
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Add Tier 6 staple KDF ship types: Carrier and Bird of prey.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Career Officer
# 36
05-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Oh my, I didn't even catch the Enhanced Battle Cloak...
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Captain
# 37
05-14-2013, 04:45 PM
20% off of weapons drain when using the Mogai set? So thats effectively another +12 weapons energy if using a standard 3 DHC 3 Turret build 1 Torp layout. Yikes.
Career Officer
# 38
05-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
20% off of weapons drain when using the Mogai set? So thats effectively another +12 weapons energy if using a standard 3 DHC 3 Turret build 1 Torp layout. Yikes.
Keep in mind the overall power levels of Rom ships is lower, so running with full weapons means considerably less power elsewhere - usually engines and aux.
So, I am sitting alongside a Caitian Atrox Carrier at Earth Spacedock, and I think to myself "Man, that ship has a lot of windows".

Then it occurs to me that it makes a lot of sense, because cats love to sit in windows.
Empire Veteran
# 39
05-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Thanks for that.

+2 Turn rate for the Big D is actually quite a major buff. Might be worth bying the D'Ridthau to complete the set.
actually its not im afraid

regarding the d'deridex console synergy, could you guys PLEASE apply that +2 to the base, so all turn consoles and turn skills multiply off 7 turn rate? just a flat +2 turn on top of everything else, all multiplied off of 5, will be a drop in the bucket. its the base turn rate that determines EVERYTHING.

a +2 to BASE turn rate would likely be worth more then a flat +10 to turn rate. if this is just a flat + to turn rate, please consider giving us at least +5, if not +10 turn from that console synergy. +2, added to the final turn tally, is nothing

this is what i was afraid of, ive been harping over and over about increasing the BASE turn rate, saying that no other bandaid like battle cloak or some console bonus could ever make up for a turn rate that low. a d'deridex with as many turn consoles as it can carry i doubt would get better then about 17 turn. just +2 added to that is nearly nothing.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
# 40
05-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
...regarding the d'deridex console synergy, could you guys PLEASE apply that +2 to the base, so all turn consoles and turn skills multiply off 7 turn rate? just a flat +2 turn on top of everything else, all multiplied off of 5, will be a drop in the bucket. its the base turn rate that determines EVERYTHING.

a +2 to BASE turn rate would likely be worth more then a flat +10 to turn rate. if this is just a flat + to turn rate, please consider giving us at least +5, if not +10 turn from that console synergy. +2, added to the final turn tally, is nothing...
/Signed +1.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.