Career Officer
# 41
05-14-2013, 06:05 PM
It would be nice to see similar features be added to the Fed and KDF ships.

Not the exact same necessarily.

For example:

Maybe an "Any 3 Nausicaan Consoles" or "Any 3 Orion Consoles" bonus. Maybe a combat bonus for 2, non-combat bonus for 3.

Likewise with the Venture/Galaxy/Dreadnaught.

I like the idea of making the refits/retrofits have more synergy together.

In the case of the Dreadnaught? I'd make the cloak innate. Then make the lance a console with less innate phaser damage but a nice phaser bonus that applies to the lance.

Something like: Improves beam damage and turnrate. Dreadnaught only: adds a phaser lance ability. Set bonus with saucer sep and antimatter spread consoles.
Captain
# 42
05-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
actually its not im afraid

regarding the d'deridex console synergy, could you guys PLEASE apply that +2 to the base, so all turn consoles and turn skills multiply off 7 turn rate? just a flat +2 turn on top of everything else, all multiplied off of 5, will be a drop in the bucket. its the base turn rate that determines EVERYTHING.

a +2 to BASE turn rate would likely be worth more then a flat +10 to turn rate. if this is just a flat + to turn rate, please consider giving us at least +5, if not +10 turn from that console synergy. +2, added to the final turn tally, is nothing

this is what i was afraid of, ive been harping over and over about increasing the BASE turn rate, saying that no other bandaid like battle cloak or some console bonus could ever make up for a turn rate that low. a d'deridex with as many turn consoles as it can carry i doubt would get better then about 17 turn. just +2 added to that is nearly nothing.
Me saying "great" was based off the expectation the +2 bonus will be to base turn rate. Of course, if it's +2 for my D'D getting about 11 turn rate without RCS/any buffs, then it's pretty useless indeed.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Commander
# 43
05-14-2013, 07:38 PM
If that +2 D'deridex/D'ridthau set bonus is to base turn rate then TAKE MY MONEY!

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1 Playtester
Survivor of Romulus
# 44
05-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
actually its not im afraid

regarding the d'deridex console synergy, could you guys PLEASE apply that +2 to the base, so all turn consoles and turn skills multiply off 7 turn rate? just a flat +2 turn on top of everything else, all multiplied off of 5, will be a drop in the bucket. its the base turn rate that determines EVERYTHING.

a +2 to BASE turn rate would likely be worth more then a flat +10 to turn rate. if this is just a flat + to turn rate, please consider giving us at least +5, if not +10 turn from that console synergy. +2, added to the final turn tally, is nothing

this is what i was afraid of, ive been harping over and over about increasing the BASE turn rate, saying that no other bandaid like battle cloak or some console bonus could ever make up for a turn rate that low. a d'deridex with as many turn consoles as it can carry i doubt would get better then about 17 turn. just +2

added to that is nearly nothing.

Yeah I would definitely like some elaboration on exactly how that +2 is going to be applied.

The 5.5 turn rate is a joke no matter how you look at it. Everyone keeps saying well it should be slow look at how massive it is. Well apparently people forget it's a split hull design with the majority of the "mass" being empty space that isn't effecting ship mass. I don't know how many time I have to say this, but it's NOT a carrier it shouldn't have a carrier turn rate. Sure you can stack it with nothing but RCS and hit the Battle cloak every time you want to turn, but all you're doing it crippling everything else. And this isn't even mentioning the fact that this is a video game, not real life, it doesn't matter how big or small it is if it's not worth playing, and right now 5.5 base turn ain't worth playing.

But of course they would pull this with one of the most iconic ships in the ST universe and then pull out a magical band aid all for the low low price of <insert price of other ship to get console bonus here>.

Considering all the other areas Rom are getting it shoved without lube, bad move Cryptic, bad move. At least bump it to a 6 and then add the +2 to the base rate. <---- that right there just became the determining factor of getting money for this or not, so it's not only how much do players matter to you, it's also how much does your wallet and our money matter to you.

Last edited by voicesdark; 05-14-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Rihannsu
# 45
05-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Can't wait for the LoR release! Now, when does the cardassian faction come out...lol
Survivor of Romulus
# 46
05-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayofdera View Post
Can't wait for the LoR release! Now, when does the cardassian faction come out...lol
Cardassians will probably be another 5 years, they haven't even regained the technology for indoor plumbing after the asskicking they got during the Dominion war.

Nevermind just got a breaking new subspace transmission from Cardassia.

"The Cardassian Civilian Command is proud to announce they have successfully reinvented........toilet paper!"

Nope nevermind they're civilization has advanced enough to Ally with the Klingons...careful the Klingons might be jealous. lol
Survivor of Romulus
# 47
05-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Awesome sauce!
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
Career Officer
# 48
05-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
Cardassians will probably be another 5 years, they haven't even regained the technology for indoor plumbing after the asskicking they got during the Dominion war.

Nevermind just got a breaking new subspace transmission from Cardassia.

"The Cardassian Civilian Command is proud to announce they have successfully reinvented........toilet paper!"

Nope nevermind they're civilization has advanced enough to Ally with the Klingons...careful the Klingons might be jealous. lol
Hey, as bad as Cardassia Prime was pummeled, it is still better than Romulus, and we got an expansion from them.
So, I am sitting alongside a Caitian Atrox Carrier at Earth Spacedock, and I think to myself "Man, that ship has a lot of windows".

Then it occurs to me that it makes a lot of sense, because cats love to sit in windows.
Career Officer
# 49
05-15-2013, 12:06 AM
So now you have to be in a Mogai to be a proper beamboat?
Survivor of Romulus
# 50
05-15-2013, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaturnley View Post
Hey, as bad as Cardassia Prime was pummeled, it is still better than Romulus, and we got an expansion from them.
yeah because in season 12 we find out D'tan is really from an advanced alien race that has figured out how to make the genesis device work and is going to reform Romulus and Remus after defeating Sela, bringing about a new golden age of peace for the Romulans.

lol

of course by then the Federation will trying to have cucumber sandwiches withe the Borg, only to get assimilated. The Klingons will finally succumb to the pollution caused by Targ Shiit and become extinct, leading the way for the Ferengi to become the Epic economic empire in the universe after developing targ dung into an edible substance for pakleds.