Okay, with the complaining and misinformation about the D'Deridex's and Ha'apax's turn rate still persistent, and the expansion a week from going live, I thought I'd get the ball rolling on this now. Thoughtful, constructive, and high-quality criticism and feedback welcome -- this isn't the thread to whine, flame, complain, or otherwise make an asshat of yourself.
- First, don't fly the things like an escort. Having DHC's doesn't mean you fly it like an escort. Nor does it mean like a battlecruiser, or a carrier. Fly it like a really big raider -- cloak and position, fly in longer alpha-strike passes, and recloak once the pass is complete. Don't be afraid to cloak, you have the hull of a cruiser and plenty of engineering slots so take full advantage of that -- battle cloak is the best turn rate buff you have and will ever get, as well.
- A word on "longer alpha strike passes". Fly in figure-8's or something akin to it, engaging at 5-7Km instead of the <3Km at which raiders preferably engage. That gives you maximum time-on-target, and your powers (including cloak) the opportunity to recharge between strikes.
- Use mines. Tractor mines are quite good for it, since you can hold your target in place while you prepare your next pass and/or force them to blow mobility powers early. Either way, you're distracting them and forcing them to react while you're cloaking and repositioning.
- Give EPtE a try. In LoR, it buffs turn rate, has the normalized 30-second duration of EPtX abilities, and a near-100% uptime when set up properly. In combination with other power-draining abiltiies and buffs of your choice, you can get a nice standard turn rate out of the old birds even before accounting for battle cloak.
- Also worth a try, the Omega force shields if you're not the "cold, dead hands" type when it comes to MACO shields.
- Two words: Tachyokinetic Converter. Get one, yesterday, and match it up with an RCS accelerator console.
Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me: