Lt. Commander
# 1 Lifetime Membership
01-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Do I have to pre-order the game online? Because whenever I try to go to the page to purchase a lifetime membership, it takes me to a page of retailers/websites that are currently selling pre-orders of the game, and I don't want to pre-order because I have pre-ordered the game already. I pre-ordered the game at my local Gamestop.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Yes.
01-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Yes, you need to have a pre-order key code in order to be able to buy the Lifetime Membership. If you don't know or have your key, i'd imagine GameStop should be able to give it to you or let you know how to get it.

Once you have that, you can enter the key on the site. Once it's entered, you will have the option to buy the Lifetime membership.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-17-2010, 01:48 PM
im hoping they offer lifetime subscription after release, as I have also pre-ordered the game
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2010, 01:50 PM
They do, minus the Borg costume pieces and the price goes up to 300 bucks. Please click the link in my sig and read the concern, then go back to the first page for the news article about this.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Also...
01-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Over in this thread there is additional info on the GameStop pre-order and what one person had to do in order to get it sent to them (second post on second page, by Liden).
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CybinMonde View Post
Yes, you need to have a pre-order key code in order to be able to buy the Lifetime Membership. If you don't know or have your key, i'd imagine GameStop should be able to give it to you or let you know how to get it.

Once you have that, you can enter the key on the site. Once it's entered, you will have the option to buy the Lifetime membership.
I used an open beta key I got from Fileplanet.com but I wouldn't think that would make a difference, but I also have a card with a code on it that Gamestop gave me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-17-2010, 02:08 PM
You need a preorder key, not a OB key. I have my OB key I got from D2D sitting in my inbox that I will probably never use because I was upgraded to OB access from CB. D2D gave me the preorder key on the download page for downloading OB, which is weird. But the site did recognise it for what it is, and when I entered this I was able to buy a lifetime.

If you want to be doubly sure, enter both codes on both cards. I'm sure how physical preorders go, sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bron
You need a preorder key, not a OB key. I have my OB key I got from D2D sitting in my inbox that I will probably never use because I was upgraded to OB access from CB. D2D gave me the preorder key on the download page for downloading OB, which is weird. But the site did recognise it for what it is, and when I entered this I was able to buy a lifetime.

If you want to be doubly sure, enter both codes on both cards. I'm sure how physical preorders go, sorry.
I thought the OB keys were the same, because they give you 4 day head start as well don't they?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Must be different depending on retailers. This is what happened for Direct2Drive:

I preordered, they take the full price and tax in advance, confirmed Paypal, and was told to go to the account page. On the account page it says I can only download the OB for now, and upon clicking that I was presented with a key which the page said was for both preorder and OB. Upon entering this key, this is for preorder only. The OB key was emailed separateely to my email.

Preorder will allow you headstart on the 29th, as well as purchasing the special offers. The Devs have confirmed that a preorder is not otherwise required to get the extra bonuses, and those are tied to the retail key. This leads me to believve that the items listed on the retail page on the main site could, potentially, be permanent bonuses anybody can get for buying retail.

I personally don't care for the Borg costume pieces, and the lifetime offer is worth it for the lifetime play. It's just a little light on bonuses compared to what was with the CO lifetime for 40 dollars less. If you care about being able to play the Borg at all, do not wait to get this after Feb 2.

Anyway, that's my experiences. Your mileage may vary.