Career Officer
# 11
05-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Bump with the hope that a lone and lost dev might stumble in and take this to heart!

I know it's silly, but this stuff is game breaking to me... It looks cheap and rushed, almost half finished. Like having a placeholder you never intend to replace...
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Ensign
# 12
05-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Another funny thin, on fed allied roms you can see kits on your toon, on kdf you can not ...
And before you pick an ally your armour can't be displayed. Well, I assume as much anyway, it doesn't show no matter the setting on the Romulan I made but I haven't pick an ally yet so not sure if it changes but I suspect it does.

I have to agree with quiiliitiila, this kind of stuff feels a bit cheap/placeholderish. The Romulan faction is advertised as a complete faction so you'd expect them to at least have their own turrets (or at least turrets using their favoured kind of weapon) and use their own soldiers as a security team and so on.

Last edited by leonick1991; 05-14-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-15-2013, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenosisuk View Post
Oh and please introduce Disruptor-Plasma Hybrid Energy Weapons beyond the ones from the mission "Smash and Grab" I want my D'Deridex Retrofit to have 6 of them beams, with Plasma Torps"
Then level the Romulan Reputation system. That gets you Romulan Plasma weapons. Plasma with the Distruptor proc. Effectively the same as the Disruptor-Plasma Hybrids.

Sure you have to pay dilithium for them, but I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that this isn't just a "I want a full set of weapons for free" post.
Career Officer
# 14
05-15-2013, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeddude View Post
Then level the Romulan Reputation system. That gets you Romulan Plasma weapons. Plasma with the Distruptor proc. Effectively the same as the Disruptor-Plasma Hybrids.

Sure you have to pay dilithium for them, but I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that this isn't just a "I want a full set of weapons for free" post.
I am willing to pay for the set of weapons I described, ok we have romualan Plasma Weapons, does the beam look like a Disruptor Beam or Plasma beam, the reason I liked the hybrids is their beam looks more Romulan as it looks like a Disruptor. (that look is my opinion, I accept others will not agree)
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-15-2013, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenosisuk View Post
I am willing to pay for the set of weapons I described, ok we have romualan Plasma Weapons, does the beam look like a Disruptor Beam or Plasma beam, the reason I liked the hybrids is their beam looks more Romulan as it looks like a Disruptor. (that look is my opinion, I accept others will not agree)
It is a bluer-green than disruptors. Turquoise-y colour. Same as the experimental beam array if you have seen that.
Rihannsu
# 16
05-15-2013, 05:38 AM
I have brought this up several times but I expect this to be address a little later as I'm sure that is not one of the major issue for them right now.
Career Officer
# 17
05-15-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balordezul View Post
I have brought this up several times but I expect this to be address a little later as I'm sure that is not one of the major issue for them right now.
Yeah, I know it's not a MAJOR issue. I'd just like some peace of mind knowing that it will be addressed at some point before launch, not months after.

I also really hope to get different Romulan themed abilities, not just re-colors of existing ones. For example, as has been said: Romulan security, Plasma turrets, Romulan drones, etc.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Republic Veteran
# 18
05-15-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Another funny thin, on fed allied roms you can see kits on your toon, on kdf you can not ...
... Wait... so the kits and armor will fit the Romulan models just fine...but if you ally with the Klingons, you inherit their disability of not being able to see armor or kits?

What... that makes no sense...
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Captain
# 19
05-15-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarikun View Post
... Wait... so the kits and armor will fit the Romulan models just fine...but if you ally with the Klingons, you inherit their disability of not being able to see armor or kits?

What... that makes no sense...
NO. They dont "fit". There are major clipping issues with our chest gear, shoulders and belts and Tac and engy kits.

And the Fed one for Tac is too fed themed.

Some lower level ones are fairly generic but the higher level ones are not really "Romulan" looking. They never created actual KDF versions. Shoulderpads and chest gear being the reason most likely.

But a real issue I would like to know about are Maco or HG sets. Neither really fits Romulans
Republic Veteran
# 20
05-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelchenchuan View Post
NO. They dont "fit". There are major clipping issues with our chest gear, shoulders and belts and Tac and engy kits.

And the Fed one for Tac is too fed themed.

Some lower level ones are fairly generic but the higher level ones are not really "Romulan" looking. They never created actual KDF versions. Shoulderpads and chest gear being the reason most likely.

But a real issue I would like to know about are Maco or HG sets. Neither really fits Romulans
My bad, I only played a Romulan briefly (to earn the Tribble Test Reward, mostly), didn't know there were clipping issues.

I maintain my point, however, that it makes NO SENSE that Romulans simply inherit the Klingon's inability to see kits/armor for allying with them. Is that inability an actual FEATURE for Klingons and their allies now? Something they never intend to fix?
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)