Captain
# 11
05-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Most Gorn are large usually larger then most humanoids

were talking on average of

7-8 feet tal and around 250-300 pounds

The smaller of the gorn usually are in the high 6 foot tall range around 250 pounds

so....no gorns are not small and are not thin as paper they are a very robust species.

Oh i almost forgot there are no female gorn

The gorn "Dancing girls" Q had were gorn alphas or in their species known also as egg bringers.
I did a little research so trek nerds go rage on google where i got this information.
Ensign
# 12
05-16-2013, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehavraha View Post

When this goes live on Holodeck, players with Gorn of different bulks and physiques are going to be stuck with those settings on those costumes.
Stuck with their current look or the new one?
Career Officer
# 13
05-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
Most Gorn are large usually larger then most humanoids

were talking on average of

7-8 feet tal and around 250-300 pounds

The smaller of the gorn usually are in the high 6 foot tall range around 250 pounds

so....no gorns are not small and are not thin as paper they are a very robust species.

Oh i almost forgot there are no female gorn

The gorn "Dancing girls" Q had were gorn alphas or in their species known also as egg bringers.
I did a little research so trek nerds go rage on google where i got this information.
Hmm. I'm not sure where google took you to find that but according to my own research (see link in sig) there are female Gorn who live / fight / mate alongside the males.

Also there are at least a Technical caste and a Intellectual /Political caste which are smaller than the soldiers seen on screen.

Also big Gorn grow up from little Gorn.

Of course, none of this is established in canon so who knows what's really what.

Oh, but Q's "dancing girls" in ESD we're definitely these ugly dudes: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Slave_Master

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

An Introduction to the Gorn (RP guide) / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 14
05-16-2013, 11:51 PM
So, I hate to ask, but if all Gorn are the "beefy" variety, have they put the Reptilian Strength trait back in yet? It just seems odd that something that is an average of 7'3" and 474lbs wouldn't be able to bat smaller foes around easily, if not remove limbs from said foe for use as a bludgeon. Oh, and maybe have innate Knockback resistance based on mass?

Of course, by the same token the super tiny Alien captains we see running about really ought to have Knockback vulnerability... FORE!
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-17-2013, 12:15 AM
not yet I'm afraid, plus they not only can't be shrimpy now, they also can't be large, this change essentially "humiefied" gorn physique and I protest!

As a gorn player I want old physique back!

edit: dear devs - give gorn some head options instead of messing with things that went well and everybody liked them

edit 2: on gorn size - gorn are reptiles and grow almost all their lives, so it appears to be pretty natural you meet sleek newt juve'es while those XL lizards are simply hitting their two hundred or more

Last edited by drachenfeles; 05-17-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Ensign
# 16
05-17-2013, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadandcircuses View Post
So, I hate to ask, but if all Gorn are the "beefy" variety, have they put the Reptilian Strength trait back in yet? It just seems odd that something that is an average of 7'3" and 474lbs wouldn't be able to bat smaller foes around easily, if not remove limbs from said foe for use as a bludgeon. Oh, and maybe have innate Knockback resistance based on mass?

Of course, by the same token the super tiny Alien captains we see running about really ought to have Knockback vulnerability... FORE!
While I don't see Gorn being able to rip limbs off in game, I can see them taking your rifle from your hands and smashing it against your face.
Career Officer
# 17
05-17-2013, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drachenfeles View Post
edit 2: on gorn size - gorn are reptiles and grow almost all their lives, so it appears to be pretty natural you meet sleek newt juve'es while those XL lizards are simply hitting their two hundred or more
That's my thinking as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadandcircuses View Post
Now I want /e Tee_Shot emote.

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

An Introduction to the Gorn (RP guide) / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 18
05-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Now I want /e Tee_Shot emote.
Actually, this could be a great reward from some form of Q Event. Play x rounds of Tribble Golf, unlock the Tee Shot emote and power for your captain. The power could be a special melee attack using your equipped melee weapon, rifle, or assault weapon as a golf club, doing bonus damage and knockback.

Oh, and to stay on topic, yes give the Gorn back their customization.