Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Legacy of Romulus question
05-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Im guessing the romulan char is a choice to play as?? And that you can be either fed or klingon instead? I just wondered if you can do the romulan missions and nukara rep etc with the char we have now or do we have to make a new one?

Im.pwrsonally going to have a romulan engineer and play as that and get abird of prey but i would like to play as my lvl 50 fed too
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
05-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkarie14 View Post
Im guessing the romulan char is a choice to play as?? And that you can be either fed or klingon instead? I just wondered if you can do the romulan missions and nukara rep etc with the char we have now or do we have to make a new one?

Im.pwrsonally going to have a romulan engineer and play as that and get abird of prey but i would like to play as my lvl 50 fed too
With the launch of LoR you will be able to now play as Romulan, Federation or Klingon all from level 1 with no starting restrictions. That's the main idea behind the update, to even out the factions, add a new one, and give each enough content to reach L50.

Nukara rep is open to all characters, fed, klingons, romulans, everyone.

With regards to Romulan episode stories, you will be able to play them as a fed ONLY if you team up with a fed-allied Romulan and they share the mission. You won't see them in your episode journal, because they are romulan episodes. It also works in reverse, romulan players can play fed episodes if they team up with a fed character.

Clear?
Republic Veteran
# 3
05-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Indeed. Legacy of Romulus is a new expansion to the original game, adding more content.

The "Romulan Faction" has it's own content up to level 40, seperate from Feds and Klingons. You have to play a Romulan to access this.

You can continue to play your Fed/KDF Officer with any non-faction-specific content (such as the Nukara Reputation System).
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
05-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Kind of clear, well i will start new as romulan and work my way up, so missions take you up to lvl 40?
Captain
# 5
05-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkarie14 View Post
Kind of clear, well i will start new as romulan and work my way up, so missions take you up to lvl 40?
Yes. At level 10 you decide on an ally- either Fed or KDF. Once you finish the Romulan exclusive content you still have all of the Feature Episode storylines and play your ally's version of them- with a couple of tweaks that mention your a Romulan and one episode that has a new ending.

Also, if you've leveled up the Romulan reputation system on any other toon you will have a mission available to create a Reman character, not just Romulan.