Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCrow
Why do people keep using the argument, "the game is coming out in two weeks!". Two weeks seems like a lot of time to me, you've got a ton of people playing (obviously) and hopefully sending in bug reports. You've got crews at Cryptic 24/7 addressing those issues as well, so why do so many people keep getting bent out of shape about it?

Play when you can, and do a bug report whenever you find a problem, that is our role in beta testing. Beta testing isn't so that we can max out our characters, so getting maximum login time isn't necessary. Sure its frustrating not getting to play a game you enjoy (which I do), but look on the brightside, it's free right now
You are clearly not a coder if you think two weeks is a lot of time.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-17-2010, 01:49 PM
i hav to agree with all the people saying about addign a counter, at least then u know when u can join, like wow;s one. When the server is full it says "you are 157th login time 15 mins" or words to that effect. How much easier would that make it for everyone
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Q: Why is the server ALWAYS busy???
A: 'cause FAT BOB n his famly r in! Serverhampster r too weak to handle much moar!
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-17-2010, 02:41 PM
A queue system would be ideal.

In regards to a prompt fix is that that is costing them a lot of money not being able to efficiently set things so that players can actually play the game. In my case, the experience has been somewhat disappointing and I was using this open test to judge the game if I wanted to buy it... even go for a lifetime subscription. But with the shoddy login system and random disconnects and the fact the game in some ways is unpolished (yet promising) you'd start thinking twice before getting that lifetime subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCrow
Why do people keep using the argument, "the game is coming out in two weeks!".
the same reason you all say "this is beta, expect it"

two weeks IS NOT a lot of time to fix some major issues, this is a major issue that can't be completely resolved by hardware

there NEEDS to be a QUEUE system in this game, no matter if they think they have enough servers or they do, just INCASE , and its pretty poor they didn't think about this ahead of time.

i still like the game
and will still buy it

but 6 hours now, and I'm still "clicking" login, and not in game
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-17-2010, 03:28 PM
I've done quite a bit of Open Beta testing. There are things you expect. Lag should be one of those issues since OB should be for server capacity testing, balancing and working out minor glitches. Some of the issues present in game now, IMHO, shouldn't be there. A queue system would be greatly beneficial to everyone.

The game simply isn't where it should be considering it is 2 weeks from release. I am glad I didn't preorder.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerHuhnTeufel View Post
You are clearly not a coder if you think two weeks is a lot of time.
You clearly don't work for a commercial software development house if you think two weeks isn't a lot of time.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Its not like they need to have the most updated version burned on DVD. Before widespread use of internet, sure you had to hope the game you shipped was 100% complete, cause good luck 'patching' it. Nowadays, you make sure your launcher is solid and then update as needed.

Cryptic could have gone "Lets see, these are the numbers we had for the CoH/CoV games, and Champions Online, lets start at 'x' number for Star Trek. Its more efficient for them to underestimate how many people would be interested in the game, than over-estimate the interest and buy alot of hardware they didn't need at the time.

Sure the game isnt finished, but its enough to keep my interest until it is. I mean, it could be worse, this could be Battlecruiser 3000, or Daikatana or something.