Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 11
05-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
...there were several bugs found with the feature...
If I may speak candidly, Brandon, if this is the only criteria for this decision, the ENTIRE Foundry needs to be pulled because there isn't a single feature that isn't plagued by several bugs.

@greendragoon
Rihannsu
# 12
05-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Even a buggy feature that we could do things with that there's no other way to do, is better than no feature at all.

Just the idea that it would be removed and no one thought "hey, people might like this thing!" before our feedback (ie forum threads on the subject), makes me concerned. There's an entire episode of Podcast UGC entitled "Green Shaven Cat People" that not only hails this SPECIFIC feature of the Foundry, but expresses unanimously amongst the hosts that there needs to be MORE of it.

The fact that it's being removed with no ETA or plan to fix or replace it, outside of "apparently you guys like this thing and maybe doing something with it later might be a good idea ... someday" should only reinforce the Foundry communities fears that the Foundry is going into (or is already in) maintenance mode.

I don't know how many times we have to say it, or how to make it any clearer:

MORE freedoms to customize our missions, not less.

/disapprove.

Additional Input: Even not customization wise, the fact that we won't be able to import costumes across projects will slow down and limit the productivity and flow of our projects. That alone is enough to REALLY dislike this.
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"

Last edited by thehavraha; 05-15-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
05-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Hi Authors,

Unfortunately, for now, this feature needed to be removed, and will not be re-added to the Legacy of Romulus expansion -- as Zero posted about in the past, there were several bugs found with the feature. We've seen feedback that the Foundry community found it useful, and are taking your feedback into consideration -- the hope is that it will return someday, but there is no ETA we can provide at this time.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I don't remember hearing from Zero on this, but perhaps I just missed it. Thanks for responding in any case.

It is a disappointing answer though. No one likes to have features taken away, especially ones as useful as this and as oft-requested as this. Sure, there were bugs in the feature, it was a "use at your own risk" sort of thing as Crypticfrost is fond of saying. But I'm glad you have heard our feedback, and I hope someone at Cryptic will put in the work to bring this feature back. We really do need it.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forums are like Sanctuary Districts, complete with Gimmes, Ghosts and Dims.
Captain
# 14
05-15-2013, 03:05 PM
In terms of manpower invested, the Foundry is, and has always been, a low priority system for STO...
- Masterlist: Wrong contact backgrounds in STO -

STOWiki admin.
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
05-15-2013, 03:15 PM
If I were an author I'd be so frustrated over that answer.

Isn't it as simple as that you have have x amount of hours to spend on each project, and the foundry always come up short?

Some new compability issue with new textures perhaps, or handling of textures that would take a chunk of hours that you don't have right now?

I once heard some interview with Stahl where he gave that answer to a similar issue..

These foundry guys deserve bit more transparency and a straight simple explanation to the few of many issues they bring up in my opinion.

That is all.
Captain
# 16
05-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
If I may speak candidly, Brandon, if this is the only criteria for this decision, the ENTIRE Foundry needs to be pulled because there isn't a single feature that isn't plagued by several bugs.
I think it came from the "exploit" that allowed people to mix various alien template, and have things like half naked green caitian (without fur).
They probably don't have the manpower to solve the bug, so they remove it.

Anyway, thx for the answer.
Captain
# 17
05-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Hi Authors,

Unfortunately, for now, this feature needed to be removed, and will not be re-added to the Legacy of Romulus expansion -- as Zero posted about in the past, there were several bugs found with the feature. We've seen feedback that the Foundry community found it useful, and are taking your feedback into consideration -- the hope is that it will return someday, but there is no ETA we can provide at this time.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thanks for the answer, even if it isn't what we wanted to hear.

Please do whatever you can to fix the issues with this feature and bring it back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiezja View Post
Cynicism doesn't make you awesome. It just makes you cynical. And hating everything while still hanging out on the forums to complain makes you look a little sociopathic.
Rihannsu
# 18
05-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Hi Authors,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Well my only counter-question is "What scale of bugs?"

Yes, it was allowing people to put space costumes on ground chars and vice versa..... So? I fail to see how that is a problem.

Or is it something else? Such as the thing Erei mentioned? Either way, I don't see a bad enough issue to be worth disabling it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
05-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Gonna have to side with the Devs on this one guys. Went to school for 3d modeling, allowing files from a pc to import is always a security risk, I "believe" STO uses a renamed home form of DDS files for the textures?(could be wrong)

But the potential for bugs with these files going in and out of the game's safety zones are logical just from a casual glance and thought at what is involved in the feature.
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/246641_323883057709996_347034197_n.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
05-15-2013, 04:46 PM
The compromise I would suggest to the devs is form a simple universal "save costume" tool that is server tied and acts like our saved costumes do but relative to the Foundry servers?
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/246641_323883057709996_347034197_n.jpg