Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 131
So I've given a go with tour of the galaxy. I have mixed feelings about this now. here are a list of the changes. Mission gets drops after 15 mins.

1. Now Daily. (20 hours cool down)
2. Map now shows you area you need to go.
3. Reward amount changed (25,000 EC, 35 Exploration XP, 25 Trade XP)
4. New Romulus sector added
5. its now on a 15 min timer

First of all I've tried this with 5 toons all with Borg sets or MACO (and Drive coil maxed) and its hard to finish. this is because sometime when you go to some sectors they do not trigger.

Also now with NR added its hard to finish fast I keep getting to Cardassia Area and it gets drop before i can finish the mission.

Not saying its impossible to do... just not sure its worth it.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5d42a4c2.png
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7980281b.png
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/...ps33f58b56.png
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 640
# 2
01-26-2014, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanokskyrat View Post
So I've given a go with tour of the galaxy. I have mixed feelings about this now. here are a list of the changes. Mission gets drops after 15 mins.

-polite snip-
..wow, that sounds like they further nerfed the tour - it might be a constant 25k ec bonus now you can tie into your doffing, but in general its a massive, mind boggling nerf on top of a nerf
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,577
# 3
01-26-2014, 05:51 PM
It hardly seems worth it anymore with the reduced rewards. I think they should restore the old rewards. The rest of the changes seem OK. Fifteen minutes is about how long it would take players with the max driver coil and the Borg engines to complete it, though they can't dawdle.
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,600
# 4
01-26-2014, 06:32 PM
Wow Cryptic, you really hate the Tour don't you? Just go home already.
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,577
# 5
01-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanokskyrat View Post
First of all I've tried this with 5 toons all with Borg sets or MACO (and Drive coil maxed) and its hard to finish. this is because sometime when you go to some sectors they do not trigger.
I just ran the Tour on Tribble. None of the sectors in the Iota Pavonis Sector Block registered, even though I'm sure I passed through them all. I went through all of them a second time just to double-check.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 131
# 6
01-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
I just ran the Tour on Tribble. None of the sectors in the Iota Pavonis Sector Block registered, even though I'm sure I passed through them all. I went through all of them a second time just to double-check.
Even with my ships doing transwarp 30 or 35 and borg set or MACO and nothing doing wrong i still can not finish it.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,577
# 7
01-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanokskyrat View Post
Even with my ships doing transwarp 30 or 35 and borg set or MACO and nothing doing wrong i still can not finish it.
I would have finished on time if the sectors in Iota Pavonis registered. They need to fix that bug.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,890
# 8
01-26-2014, 08:46 PM
It's not even worth doing now except for the trait once....
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Commander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 331
# 9
01-26-2014, 08:51 PM
Maybe you need a team to finish it? Can it be done that way?
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,994
# 10
01-26-2014, 11:43 PM
Nope, Tour was never teamable.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:06 PM.