Rihannsu
# 111
05-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
Actually that's an earlier mission and you aren't the one pulling the trigger. The whole game is essentially geared to seeking new life, new civilizations, boldly going where no-one has gone before, then blowing the crap out of whatever is found there.
Yeah, a Reman had his base rigged to self-destruct. The self destruct device was a Thalaron bomb that wiped out the whole planet.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 112
05-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wufangchu View Post
We watch for threats like Hakeev instinctually...
If we watch for them instinctively why are so many of us willing to follow their lead or turn a blind eye to what they are doing because "it doesn't concern us"?

Most of the human race prefers to be sheep.
Career Officer
# 113
05-17-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Yeah, a Reman had his base rigged to self-destruct. The self destruct device was a Thalaron bomb that wiped out the whole planet.
That's the one where you infiltrate the Tal'Shiar by pretending to rescue the civilians but in truth turn them over to the Tal'Shiar.
Captain
# 114
05-17-2013, 01:25 PM
It's never clear whether the Tal'Shiar caught anyone else you helped escape in that mission, but you do throw the one guy under the bus.
I'm not trying to be insensitive but I have to ask what game the people who are being offended by this were playing prior to this scenario? Because it certainly wasn't STO. The game play of Star Trek Online revolves around, often unnecessary, killing and destruction and in spite of being explicitly shown how evil the Tal'Shiar are in this scenario, we still have people complaining because they can't play that role. We have people who want to be Tal'Shiar, want to be the back stabbing Romulans of old, want to be unliberated Borg, want to be tyrannical Cardasians. So for those who find aspects of this game psychologically distressing, I would submit that perhaps you are playing the wrong game.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........

Last edited by maxvitor; 05-17-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Rihannsu
# 115
05-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
That's the one where you infiltrate the Tal'Shiar by pretending to rescue the civilians but in truth turn them over to the Tal'Shiar.
Well, to be fair... your options are pretty limited.... let the Reman guy die alone, or.... die with him....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 116
05-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Well, to be fair... your options are pretty limited.... let the Reman guy die alone, or.... die with him....
There you go, self preservation wins out.
They could have expanded it into another mission where you somehow single-handedly fight your way through the labyrinthine corridors of a mile long starship to a means of escape, but that would tax believability to the extreme and for what? You lose access to higher levels of Tal'shiar activity needed for the later missions and you have earned the trust of someone who willingly destroyed his own world, but has no relevance to anything that happens afterward. The guy deserves to be handed over to the Tal'Shiar for what he did.
That said, there is such a thing as over-thinking things and it is a huge mistake to attach real world moral values to a video game. People need to lighten up about this.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Rihannsu
# 117
05-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Mindgame is one of my favorite missions. Hakeev totally brainwashes you but then you get free turn around and kick the **** out of him and his little ship.
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Bacon tastes so much better marinated in vegan tears"
Better dead then Fed!
Rihannsu
# 118
05-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otisnoble View Post
It is not in my nature to play a cold, ruthless and bloodthirsty character as to me that is the villain, but to others this kind of character give them a feeling of power that they cant get from the normal Hero type.
sorry but you shouldn't be playing a romulan then romulan are always looking to kill to get a head

romulans don't act like janeway kirk picard or sisko
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Rihannsu
# 119
05-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
Mindgame is one of my favorite missions. Hakeev totally brainwashes you but then you get free turn around and kick the **** out of him and his little ship.
.............little.........!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Rihannsu
# 120
05-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
Most of the human race has been brainwashed to not question or challenge and to agree with the party line regardless of how stupid it is.. your right, most of the human race are sheep. Farmers tending their fields.. Not hunters searching for prey, so when people are yold that Idi Amin is a great guy, they want to believe it.. But there are always wolves in the flock waiting for the idi Amin's of the world to pop their heads up and provide a clear shot..