Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
.............little.........!!!!
ROFLMAO::
Good memory...
Captain
# 122
05-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Just played the mission. I took the green answers at every opportunity, until being forced into doing what they wanted; got the perk "There Are Four Lights!" and the title "Defiant". And thanks for the tip about resurrecting the zombie epohhs - hope the little buggers broke containment later and turned the whole freaking ship into zombies!

It was - interesting. I put on a Tal Shiar costume for the mission, and felt a visceral need to go find a tailor the moment the mission ended so I could change my clothes back again. It was the closest I could come to making my character take a shower.
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Career Officer
# 123
05-17-2013, 11:23 PM
When I first posted about this, I knew there would be a lot of different opinions about it.

But none of the discussion has changed my original thought about it. I've already skipped it, so it's not an issue for my character any longer.

One good thing is that when lots of people comment, the devs get a pretty good view of what people think.

And I think that's one purpose of the Open Beta.

Story is important to me. I know a lot of people just want the points, just move up, just get the accolades - just get the next big ship. But to me, this is a continuing story about a universe that's important to me - enough so that I purchased a lifetime membership.

I think it's important to give feedback about what I like and what I don't. I always expect disagreement, because none of us have the same goals for playing the game.

It would be interesting to see a survey of players to find out what parts of the game are liked by whom. Probably everything is both loved and hated.

More choices - that's always important to me. The best foundry missions have different results happen from my choices.

So, maybe, if I don't see the kinds of missions I like, I should make some that I'd like to play.

Thanks everyone for your honest opinions, whether I agree or no.
Captain
# 124
05-18-2013, 12:40 AM
there where episodes in the series that where much much worse then this mission i hope they do nothing to it.

if it made you disgusted then it worked it is set up to make you hate the tal sheiar and want to stop them

this who thread and the discussion there in marks the whole mission as a success. it was to make you think and create feeling. even if that feeling was you thought the mission was horrible becuase it took a way contol well that was the point.

Last edited by gpgtx; 05-18-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Rihannsu
# 125
05-18-2013, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgtx View Post
there where episodes in the series that where much much worse then this mission i hope they do nothing to it.

if it made you disgusted then it worked it is set up to make you hate the tal sheiar and want to stop them

this who thread and the discussion there in marks the whole mission as a success. it was to make you think and create feeling. even if that feeling was you thought the mission was horrible becuase it took a way contol well that was the point.
So your saying the mission is redundant?? I agree.. We already hated the tal shiar for killing thr people we grew up with: for destroying our home, for destroying the homes and lives of others like us, and for demanding we live under their rule ( or rather the iconian rule ). Yes, the mission is completely redundant and unnecessary. It should be gotten rid of.
Captain
# 126
05-18-2013, 01:06 AM
no it shows just how far the tal shiar is will to go it should stay

don;t like it? skip it
Career Officer
# 127
05-18-2013, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgtx View Post
no it shows just how far the tal shiar is will to go it should stay

don;t like it? skip it
this^^^^^^^ and its not like they did not kidnap ppl in the show and do mind altering things like the one sela kidnaps Geordi to have him kill some high up klingon
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.

Last edited by daan2006; 05-18-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Career Officer
# 128
05-18-2013, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wufangchu View Post
So your saying the mission is redundant?? I agree.. We already hated the tal shiar for killing thr people we grew up with: for destroying our home, for destroying the homes and lives of others like us, and for demanding we live under their rule ( or rather the iconian rule ). Yes, the mission is completely redundant and unnecessary. It should be gotten rid of.
If the devs started getting rid of all the "redundant" missions there would be very little content in the game. Everything in the game is a variation of go somewhere, shoot some NPC's, click a glowie, solve a puzzle.
Rihannsu
# 129
05-18-2013, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelveparsecs View Post
If you are effected by this mission on a game because of something over 40 years ago, then you must have been part of some very illegal and brutal war crime and you should be held accountable for your actions (even if those actions were that you did not inform your superiors).

No war criminal should be allowed to get away with their actions.

NOW - if the above is completely false and it was nothing along those lines.... you need stop moaning about a mission on a game.

If you have post traumatic stress then you should not be playing any type of war game.

For the record... the cuter the animal the better it tastes.... just saying

PEACE
Please just...go sign up and get shipped off to Afghanistan. Oh, wait, I wouldn't want to inflict your kind on the rest of the soldiers there OR the Afghans. I'd settle for you just keeping your post count at 4.

As for the mission, I did find it to be a very brilliant, but disturbing, episode. I do wish some further options were given that permitted the player to avoid some of the more brutal actions required in the mission. If that would be difficult to implement or destructive to the storyline, a disclaimer of sorts and option to skip or to skip PARTS of the mission would be a great idea. In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, I believe, there was a controversial mission that involved permitting (and possibly joining in with) a terrorist to shoot civilians at an airport. The game included a disclaimer and option to skip. Not a bad idea here, I think.

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher

Last edited by theindefatigable; 05-18-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 130
05-18-2013, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wufangchu View Post
Unbelievable.
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||

Last edited by commanderkassy; 05-18-2013 at 04:58 AM.