Captain
# 31
05-16-2013, 07:07 AM
OP, I encourage you to finish it and pay attention to the accolade. I didn't like the mission myself until I saw the accolade title. It puts the entire thing in perspective from a Trek point of view. You may have to resist every time until you have no other choice to get the accolade. I can't be sure about that part, but that's how I played the episode.

Spoiler, the accolade is:
There Are Four Lights.
Career Officer
# 32
05-16-2013, 08:01 AM
I liked the mission, but I thought it would have been kinda of cool if, in the spirit of "the best of both worlds," you were actually forced to act against your crew and they had to rescue you.
Ensign
# 33
05-16-2013, 08:12 AM
The fact that the mission made people uncomfortable suggests that it was a complete success, and that the designers should feel proud that they've managed to provoke an emotional response in an MMO.
Career Officer
# 34
05-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Skip is available. You miss out on a bit of story, but it's story about realizing just how Bad Hakeev and the Tal Shiar are.

[ edit ]
Reading thread, I may be wrong on skip being available here. Which would be a shame.

Last edited by sudoku7; 05-16-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Ensign
# 35
05-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobiscuit View Post
The fact that the mission made people uncomfortable suggests that it was a complete success, and that the designers should feel proud that they've managed to provoke an emotional response in an MMO.

I think that they are gonna have a problem with PETA over this mission. JMO All in all I think it's a good mission.
Survivor of Romulus
# 36
05-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobiscuit View Post
I couldn't have put it better myself, this mission was the first mission I've ever played in an MMO which provoked such a visceral reaction. I hate it it, I hated what I was doing and I hated why I was doing it - that's what makes it such a brilliant piece of storytelling.

I can sympathise with the OP - you've seen some things in your life that nobody should have to witness, but I don't think that means that Cryptic have made a mistake or are doing something they shouldn't because of it. You have my genuine sympathy, but I really hope they don't change a single thing about this mission. For me, it's up there with "Chain Of Command" and "In The Pale Moonlight" with absolutely fantastic pieces of uncomfortable storylines. Brilliantly written and very emotional, so I take my hat off to the writes on this one.

I would also recommend you skip it when LoR goes live - given how uncomfortable it made you the first time when you couldn't finish it.
Career Officer
# 37
05-16-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crappyturbo View Post
The warning should still be put in because it can trigger painful memories or experiences for some people
You may laugh, but cute little dogs trigger painful memories for me....
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Captain
# 38
05-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starblazer5 View Post
I think that they are gonna have a problem with PETA over this mission. JMO All in all I think it's a good mission.
Yes, the People for Eating of Tasty Animals will probably be upset that the Epohhs weren't lightly braised and grilled rather than being vaped by thalaron.
Captain
# 39
05-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starblazer5 View Post
Yeah right, like they went after those hunting video games.

Big Game Hunting Party, Dangerous Hunts, African Safari, etc., etc.
Career Officer
# 40
05-16-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
Yeah right, like they went after those hunting video games.

Big Game Hunting Party, Dangerous Hunts, African Safari, etc., etc.
Oddly enough, it's pretty similar to their Pokemon spoof. Showing the cruelty in an obviously cruel manner.