Career Officer
# 41
05-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudoku7 View Post
Oddly enough, it's pretty similar to their Pokemon spoof. Showing the cruelty in an obviously cruel manner.
Never heard of a pokemon spoof, but then I've never paid any attention to anything about pokemon.
Commander
# 42
05-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starblazer5 View Post
I think that they are gonna have a problem with PETA over this mission. JMO All in all I think it's a good mission.
It's fine, you can use CPR on the poor space bunnies and bring them back to life. They hop around complete with that nasty-looking thalaron-affected texture, which I suppose makes them space bunny zombies.

I like to think they break out of their cage later, bite some of the ship's crew, and infect them.
Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
Captain
# 43
05-16-2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodrim View Post
It's fine, you can use CPR on the poor space bunnies and bring them back to life. They hop around complete with that nasty-looking thalaron-affected texture, which I suppose makes them space bunny zombies.

I like to think they break out of their cage later, bite some of the ship's crew, and infect them.
Hey now...no spoiling the Tribble test weekend reward for folks!

Zombie Epohhs.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Commander
# 44
05-16-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Hey now...no spoiling the Tribble test weekend reward for folks!

Zombie Epohhs.
Okay that would be freakin' sweet. I would approve.

Though in partially-related topic, I would say I thought the space bunnies investigating you and following you around in the "discovering New Romulus" mission were a nice touch.
Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
Captain
# 45
05-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodrim View Post
Okay that would be freakin' sweet. I would approve.

Though in partially-related topic, I would say I thought the space bunnies investigating you and following you around in the "discovering New Romulus" mission were a nice touch.
That was actually a nice touch for me too. The epohs coming around after you shot and scared the big carnovores is something the character can observ as a widelife study.

Still this mission is to show how evil Hakeev and Sela are. It would not do it so if they were just making you steal some food supplies from a ferengi, right?

Ooooh..zombie epohs. They dont eat romulan marks, do they?
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 46
05-16-2013, 09:46 AM
In the end though, as much as it may be a case of disagreeing with singling out this particular mission for those reasons when to an extent similar actions appear throughout the game...

...and though there are certainly countless things that will affect different people in different ways, so it would appear off to single this mission out for a warning...

...it's perhaps a case of making a special case in this case for certain missions introduced with LoR, eh?

This one upsets folks.

Personally, I was put off by The Undying and the interaction with Jensen. Likewise, that should perhaps have a warning.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 47
05-16-2013, 09:49 AM
for me this was the only mission that interested me in the slightest....

I am more offended by having to listen to Tovan's woman issues and being forced to be concerned about his sister who I have never met.
Captain
# 48
05-16-2013, 10:17 AM
At least you get mind-controlled. I haven't gotten to this mission yet, but it doesn't sound half as annoying to me as the Fed mission to secure the "secret weapons facility" where it turns out that the admiral forcing you to do it is in fact an Undine, and the facility is dedicated to innocent medical research. I twigged to the fact that something was weird about her shortly after we beamed in; halfway through I knew what she was - but I was never given an option to ignore (or even resist) her orders, only to continue to comply like a good little drone. (What I really wanted was an option where I could attempt to place her under arrest, triggering a variant on the ending cutscene - she'd still get away, but at least I wouldn't have been played for a fool the entire time.)

Here, you're being forced against your will, apparently you can resist in various ways, and you've also been brainwashed, not just stupid. I can live with that.
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Captain
# 49
05-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
At least you get mind-controlled. I haven't gotten to this mission yet, but it doesn't sound half as annoying to me as the Fed mission to secure the "secret weapons facility" where it turns out that the admiral forcing you to do it is in fact an Undine, and the facility is dedicated to innocent medical research. I twigged to the fact that something was weird about her shortly after we beamed in; halfway through I knew what she was - but I was never given an option to ignore (or even resist) her orders, only to continue to comply like a good little drone. (What I really wanted was an option where I could attempt to place her under arrest, triggering a variant on the ending cutscene - she'd still get away, but at least I wouldn't have been played for a fool the entire time.)

Here, you're being forced against your will, apparently you can resist in various ways, and you've also been brainwashed, not just stupid. I can live with that.
This. I knew it was fishy really soon in the mission, and everything else was wrong. Very wrong. I felt dirty to shoot those poor guys.

In mind games you don't have a choice. You are forced to do so, it's wrong, but it's not as bad.
Starfleet Veteran
# 50
05-16-2013, 10:39 AM
I can understand how people would like to avoid this mission. Still, it was (for me) a far cry from the mental trauma that Divide et Impera was the first time I played it.

See my post in http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?p=9419121 for the grim story. Which I should probably mention is highly spoilerific for Divide et Impera.

That being said, it was easily the most powerful and memorable episode for me. Sure, we see plenty of movies to be entertained, but there are movies we should see that we shouldn't necessarily "enjoy", but still should watch anyway.