Republic Veteran
Is it WAI that you cannot recruit Romulan or Reman officers at the BOff vendor at Romulus Command?

It seems rather stupid that for a Romulan/Reman only zone, we cannot even recruit our own species for out officers.

Keep the Fed/KDF on their respective home-worlds.... and give us access to Roms/Rems:

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps18c6c858.png

Jolan'tru
Captain
# 2
05-16-2013, 09:51 AM
You can recruit Romulan/Reman BOffs (white only) at the Flotilla, but none of the allied ones. This is probably working as intended due to the fact that only the Flottilla was mentioned on a certain dev blog to sell Romulan/Reman BOffs.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
05-16-2013, 09:54 AM
I think we should have a maximum of one non Romulan/reman boff at any given time and that None should be sold on new romulus who aren't Romulan/reman
Captain
# 4
05-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
You can recruit Romulan/Reman BOffs (white only) at the Flotilla, but none of the allied ones. This is probably working as intended due to the fact that only the Flottilla was mentioned on a certain dev blog to sell Romulan/Reman BOffs.
well thats ANOTHER issue....

IMO we need either the Flotilla or Command Center but not BOTH.

Its redundant since they are 3 feet away from each other. And confusing if they dont sell the items. And a pain to have to go back and forth

At the very least they should just let us beam to the flotilla instead of have to zone multiple times.

And what ever the reasoning, there should be NO aliens in the command center. If people want to have aliens on their ships then they can go ESD with the rest of the human lovers.

IIRC the options are just FED and no Klingon options are available.

Doffing doesnt reward them either.

So at this point aside from the leveling rewards, there is no way to get Romulan BOs.
Captain
# 5
05-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelchenchuan View Post
IIRC the options are just FED and no Klingon options are available.

Doffing doesnt reward them either.

So at this point aside from the leveling rewards, there is no way to get Romulan BOs.
It depends on your chosen alliance which BOffs are available. My KDF allied Romulan at least has plenty KDF BOffs to choose from (which I will never buy of course ... what's the point in finally getting to play a Romulan if you have Klingons running around your bridge?).

Also, as I said, you can always buy common white Romulan/Reman Bridge Officers at the Flottilla. I bought one and he even had both subterfuge and the operative trait.
Captain
# 6
05-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
It depends on your chosen alliance which BOffs are available. My KDF allied Romulan at least has plenty KDF BOffs to choose from (which I will never buy of course ... what's the point in finally getting to play a Romulan if you have Klingons running around your bridge?).

Also, as I said, you can always buy common white Romulan/Reman Bridge Officers at the Flottilla. I bought one and he even had both subterfuge and the operative trait.
havent checked lately but the last time it cost dilithium to buy a common BO. I have never in this game used a common BO and surely wouldnt spend Dilith on one.

I get plenty of Doff missions for Orions and Gorns etc but I dont want to have anything to do with Klingons.

Its bad enough everyone on my ship is wearing those republican waiter jackets.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
05-16-2013, 10:15 AM
but you can't get remans and its very hard to get a male one (call me old fashioned but I like to have men on my ship as well as women)
Captain
# 8
05-16-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelchenchuan View Post
havent checked lately but the last time it cost dilithium to buy a common BO. I have never in this game used a common BO and surely wouldnt spend Dilith on one.

I get plenty of Doff missions for Orions and Gorns etc but I dont want to have anything to do with Klingons.

Its bad enough everyone on my ship is wearing those republican waiter jackets.
It doesn't matter which color your BOffs come with as long as they have useful traits (and having both subterfuge AND operative on a single BOff is more useful than ANY purple BOff the Federation and KDF have access to). Also 240 Dilithium is not exactly expensive. You just have to play one daily mission to buy a full Bridge Crew.
Captain
# 9
05-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
It doesn't matter which color your BOffs come with as long as they have useful traits (and having both subterfuge AND operative on a single BOff is more useful than ANY purple BOff the Federation and KDF have access to). Also 240 Dilithium is not exactly expensive. You just have to play one daily mission to buy a full Bridge Crew.

But the point is that Feds or Klingons have methods of getting blues or purples. Currently once you finish the missions there are no similar options for Romulans.

And that Aliens are infiltrating our command center. Its bad enough everyone is wearing scarves. We dont Humans mucking about
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
05-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Remember we are only undercover among these hippies