Lieutenant
# 1 Some more DPS for an Atrox
05-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Hello everyone. I am searching for ways to increase the DPS I do with my Atrox a bit so that I might try EStfs without being too much of a burden.

My current build is here:
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=atroxstf_0

Basically:
All Polarized tet beams
Stalker + Peregrine
Tactical: 2x tet damage
Eng: 2x Armor + Isometric Charge
Sci: Zero Energy + 3x Particle Generator

TT1, APB1

ET1, EPTS2, RSP2

PH1, HW2, PS1, GW2

ST1, TB2, VM1

Only one purple gravimetric boff so far (bad luck at getting flight officers).

The obvious way to increase damage is of course better fighters (I am working on that) and better beams (I am not even sure polarized tetryons are working as advertised). Is there anything else I can do, preferably nothing which requires a fleet (not in one and thus I also do not have fleet credits).

Thanks in advance.
Captain
# 2
05-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Nix the stalkers, swap the peregrines in for two Elite scorpion wings.

Load up a Romulan Hyper-Torp, back it with 3 purple PWO doffs.

Swap your Lt and Lcmd sci abilities out for hull/shield heals, and sit at range being a siege torpedo platform while supporting your team with additional heals.
Captain
# 3
05-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Nix the stalkers, swap the peregrines in for two Elite scorpion wings.

Load up a Romulan Hyper-Torp, back it with 3 purple PWO doffs.

Swap your Lt and Lcmd sci abilities out for hull/shield heals, and sit at range being a siege torpedo platform while supporting your team with additional heals.
Switching to Dual Beam Banks up front for the remaining two slots and turrets aft, would help you become an even more effective siege platform. Since you have maxed Flow Cap Skill, Polarized Disruptor would be very helpful to both you and your team, and the price for them should be going down slightly on the Exchange for them with the lockbox rerun being in effect.
Captain
# 4
05-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
Switching to Dual Beam Banks up front for the remaining two slots and turrets aft, would help you become an even more effective siege platform. Since you have maxed Flow Cap Skill, Polarized Disruptor would be very helpful to both you and your team, and the price for them should be going down slightly on the Exchange for them with the lockbox rerun being in effect.
Depending on one's setup you're going to need a second torpedo up front to sustain a constant stream of hyper-plasma projectiles. As a result of that, and the Atrox hideous maneuverability, I'm very reticent to recommend a third narrow arc for weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-18-2013, 01:27 AM
I'm going to get an Atrox in a week or so, so I was thinking about the possible combinations. So far I think the setup will be 6x Rommy plasma CtrHx2 + 2x Elite scorps (I need to wait 2 or 3 more months in order to have wider variety availabe) and MACO set.
As for consoles:
Eng: 2xRCS, 1xNeutronium/ 2xNeutronium, 1 subspace jump (as an "Ah sh@t!" option), or 1 RCS.
Sci: 3x Fleet Graviton plasma infused+subspace jump, or 4x Fleet Graviton plasma infused
Tac: 2x Plasma infusers.

Lt.Tac: TT1, FAW2
Cmd.Eng: EPtS, EPtW, DEM2 (or 1, I don't remember which one was available for the third slot)
Cmd.Sci and Lt.Cmd:Here is the big issue as to what to put on one of the slot #3 - I'll have GW3, HE3 and TBR1. The res I must figure out.

Any good ideas to add are welcome, also I'm not sure if I'm on the right path.

Oh, yes, I haven't left any room for RSP, but survivability is rarely an issue when shooting from afar. My aim is maximizing the damage output potential.

Last edited by satanailofhwbg; 05-18-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Lieutenant
# 6
05-18-2013, 02:35 AM
Interesting.
I haven't thought of making a siege platform instead of a beam boat. Why double beams instead of cannons?
Commander
# 7
05-18-2013, 07:33 AM
Been a few months since I have been on the forums but my build still applies. Best DPS setup is still DHC in the front and Turrets in the back. Switch Tac slots to cannon Rapid Fire and you are good to go.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Ensign
# 8
05-18-2013, 08:48 AM
I too am struggling to get more DPS from my Atrox. Currently she is set up as a beam boat with 3x Plasma DBB's in the front, 2x Plasma Turrets and the cutting beam in the rear. (I intend on upgrading all of the weapons to Rommie Plasma once I grind the rep and dilithium for it.) As for sets, I have the assimilated MK X set and the console and KCB from the Adapted MACO set.

The other issue I have with her is her durability. I can do ok in patrols and red alerts, but in Elite STF's she seems to be made of paper mache. Should I put the rep and Dil into the MK XII Assimilated set, or would the Reman set be better?
Commander
# 9
05-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killgore3232 View Post
I too am struggling to get more DPS from my Atrox. Currently she is set up as a beam boat with 3x Plasma DBB's in the front, 2x Plasma Turrets and the cutting beam in the rear. (I intend on upgrading all of the weapons to Rommie Plasma once I grind the rep and dilithium for it.) As for sets, I have the assimilated MK X set and the console and KCB from the Adapted MACO set.

The other issue I have with her is her durability. I can do ok in patrols and red alerts, but in Elite STF's she seems to be made of paper mache. Should I put the rep and Dil into the MK XII Assimilated set, or would the Reman set be better?
Most of the durability will come from setting your crew up well. What is your BOFF and DOFF setups?
Also, make sure your Eng consoles are mostly armor and that you have at least 1-2 Shield cap Sci consoles.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Ensign
# 10
05-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesal24 View Post
Most of the durability will come from setting your crew up well. What is your BOFF and DOFF setups?
Also, make sure your Eng consoles are mostly armor and that you have at least 1-2 Shield cap Sci consoles.

Kyle
Sorry about the delayed response. I laid out my setup in the following skill planner: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...re3232satrox_0

As for Doffs, I have one flight deck officer to reduce pet cooldown, and one gravimetric scientist for the aftershock gravity wells. Any help would be appreciated.