Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19
# 1 Tal Shiar ship sets?
05-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Just wondering what everyone will use with these new ships.

Being borg tech refitted ships, is everyone going to use the borg sets?

Or since they are romulan ships, will everyone use the romulan and reman sets we've been grinding for?


Im a firm believer that each ship should have its own sets.

(example: Breen ship/breen set and torpedoes)

I want a ship for the romulan sets with romulan weapons. but you also need a hangar for the romulan fighters.

Right now my vesta is equiped with everything, but its a fed ship so i dont like it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 397
# 2
05-20-2013, 11:04 PM
depending on the weapons I'll use will determine the sets I will use.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19
# 3
05-20-2013, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captw View Post
depending on the weapons I'll use will determine the sets I will use.
Thanks but thats a pretty general rule we all follow. My point is that what should these ships be mated with? Romulan/Reman or Adapted Borg sets?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,084
# 4
05-20-2013, 11:18 PM
I'll probably use the Borg sets and set it up to do power drain, but aside from that i'm not sure. I suppose it will have to wait until i can get one or both ships before i really find out.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 545
# 5
05-21-2013, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlross View Post
Thanks but thats a pretty general rule we all follow. My point is that what should these ships be mated with? Romulan/Reman or Adapted Borg sets?
With whatever you'd use on another ship too? There is nothing that would make one set behave differently on this one than on any other ship.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,244
# 6
05-21-2013, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
With whatever you'd use on another ship too? There is nothing that would make one set behave differently on this one than on any other ship.
Unless they add something to the Borg set to interact with the Tal'Shiar ships like the Jem'Hadar set and the JHAS, DNC,and HEC. But that has yet to be seen if that will happen but I imagine if they didn't mention it I wouldn't expect it to happen.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19
# 7
05-21-2013, 04:59 AM
Grrr your missing the point lol.

Its for OCD sufferers who feel each ship should have its set!

Like if you have a breen ship then you MUST use it with the breen set and breen torps.

And as lianthelia said, like the jem set boosts the jem ships.

They need to do this with all ships so we can mate each ship with a unique set for that ship. (well, maybe not all ships) Like if you use a MACO set with a fed ship you get a bonus.

Last edited by amlross; 05-21-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,244
# 8
05-21-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlross View Post
Grrr your missing the point lol.

Its for OCD sufferers who feel each ship should have its set!

Like if you have a breen ship then you MUST use it with the breen set and breen torps.

And as lianthelia said, like the jem set boosts the jem ships.

They need to do this with all ships so we can mate each ship with a unique set for that ship. (well, maybe not all ships) Like if you use a MACO set with a fed ship you get a bonus.
No thanks, half the sets in the game suck...Reman and Romulan sets suck and so does the breen set. Jem'Hadar set does too if you intend for the three piece set and the bonus.

There are all kinds of set bonuses all over the place, we don't really need more in the game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:06 AM.