Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
That my friend ... I leave to you to decide
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
11-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Star Wars is the "Light/Sugarfree" version under the Space games . But the [Redacted] makes the tone.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Captain
# 3
11-11-2013, 12:42 PM
HERESY! *blam*
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 4
11-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Now that was funny. Do they have one for Star Trek?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Captain
# 5
11-11-2013, 03:40 PM
I like them for different reasons.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
11-11-2013, 04:14 PM
yup...they are STILL awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 7
11-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Star wars is the more popular and mainstream property. Both are ingrained in pop culture though.

It could be argued that due to the much hated prequels and the new JJ reboot. Star Trek is the new Star Wars.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Commander
# 8
11-14-2013, 03:57 PM
I have to say that Star Wars is better than Star Trek because it is more of an actiony, emotional movie series while Star Trek is for more of an intellectual people. Tell me, my good man, do you see a world populated by intellectual individuals in the neck of the woods you live in? It is also much more philosophical, while Star Wars does cover some basis in this area, Star Trek is more so. Star Wars is better, well it is hard to explain truly why, but it just is. I'm not a hypocrite for supporting SW on a ST site but I just love, to quote a phrase, the "best of both worlds."

None of the above was intended as an insult. If it happens to be perceived as such, the writer, me, apologizes.

"Star Trek: Rubicon" Season 1, Season 2 A new era, a new time, a new crew, a new ship, a new mission...
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again."- Jean-Luc Picard
Captain
# 9
11-14-2013, 04:11 PM
I like both the same for different reasons.
I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurato2099
Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
Career Officer
# 10
11-14-2013, 07:29 PM
oh great, another sw vs st thread.

both have their pluses and minuses. after watching the clone wars CGI animated series not the hand written cartoon one as well as watching all the movies that are out and swtor. then you got half a dozen different trek series and more films that is the basis of trek minus jjcrapverse and you got at least 2 dozen trek games. both have their conflicts and wars, both have intrigue political or otherwise, both have their own flowing story arcs, both have their comedy moments. i don't see what the big difference is between st and sw.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.